LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No, I don't follow this stuff anymore, or new cars in general. Unless I'm thinking about another purchase, then do a superduper research and comparison session.

I had a modified ZJ 5.9 that went all over the place, then later a WK 5.7...later one got slightly neutered in different ways, so hopefully they didn't do that to the 'truck'. Would hope they kept it as a proper 4x4 (ie sfa)
It is still solid axle and if you can believe this it's got a solid rear axle with 4 link suspension instead of those damn antiquated leaf springs. Which is pretty damn cool for a half assed pickup.

·
Worthless reject member
37,414 Posts
i think JNR wants a solid axle in the front, because that makes it a "real 4x4" and anything else makes you less of a man, lol.

gatekeeping is funneh stuff.

·
16,217 Posts
Being a flatlander, you wouldn't understand the SFA :p

·
16,217 Posts
Probably has some good articulation potential then with the 4 link F/R...had that on the ZJ and going 'long arms' gives you best of both worlds (artic and ride quality)...keep the caster in check up front via adjust UCA's and lowers, while keeping LCA's as close to parallel to ground as possible...or else death wobble, lol.

·
16,217 Posts
This is 50 dollar question!

Lest you want the "mall rated" badge (replaces trail rated they used to have, maybe they still do)

·
Super Moderator
10,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Worthless reject member
37,414 Posts
...and that front axle looked mighty solid. SMURF i didn't expect that.

i'm actually kind of impressed. i didn't expect FCA to pull that one.

EDIT: so some google fu says dana 44 in the front and back.

·
Super Moderator
10,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
don't use a little tap oil when you're drilling?
Not really. That bracket is pretty mild steel and that was a full on cobalt drill bit plus I already had a pilot hole.

Now if I were drilling the frame rail that would be a different story.

...and that front axle looked mighty solid. SMURF i didn't expect that.

i'm actually kind of impressed. i didn't expect FCA to pull that one.

EDIT: so some google fu says dana 44 in the front and back.
Yes on 44s front and rear with 4.10 gears.

Those old ass tires are messing up the vibe.
They're already on Craigslist. Unfortunately the market seem a little flooded with used jeep wheels and tires around here. :(

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,540 Posts
Pics might be decieving but that looks longer than the ones in the work parking lot. is that a 5.5 ft bed?

Meanwhile isn't this also a dodge ram underthe skin. Or is there a large departure in the platforms. I have to say I'm slightly interested in them but I don't know I can go jeep. I don't see the required wider tires and flars with snorkel kit and light bars etc. It is as clean as it's supposed to be though.

There's a bright red one that comes to work now, not sure it's seen dirt for much more than the commute to the office and gets cleaned up and under every outing. Or so it looks.

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,017,339 Posts
i'm surprised JNR hasn't harped on the pentastar v6, yet, either.
-I- do miss the I-6; I could work on them with my eyes closed.

It is still solid axle and if you can believe this it's got a solid rear axle with 4 link suspension instead of those damn antiquated leaf springs. Which is pretty damn cool for a half assed pickup.
The rear axle is based on the Dodge pickup

I think it's pretty heavily based on the wrangler. I'm not sure if it shares architecture with anything else.
Modifications to the 4 door wrangler mostly frame extension IIRC

41 - 60 of 80 Posts