LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Hermes Trismegistus
16,608 Posts
Very nice! You prolly know already, change the stock antenna out with a rubber ducky.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,807 Posts
Ok so the rear suspension is off the Ram or partially modeled from the ram. Front is wrangler with beefer parts for the over all weight - and a thicker frame rails stem to stern. If I'm reading it right.

Interesting.

Better question - do the rapid jacks make adapters to work with that? And are they going to offer the gladiator with that eco diesel that might be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I don't have the SUV adapter for the quick jacks but i may buy them.

The eco diesel Gladiator is supposed to be out later this year with like 450 foot pounds of torque.

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,017,936 Posts
I don't have the SUV adapter for the quick jacks but i may buy them.

The eco diesel Gladiator is supposed to be out later this year with like 450 foot pounds of torque.
The interesting thing is the diesel will have a lower tow rating than the gas engine with the Max Tow package; I was reading an article on it and it has to do with airflow/engine cooling -- because of the turbo intercooler it will be airflow constrained and not be able to tow as much. Ah, here's the article: The Engineering Behind the Jeep Gladiator's Tow Rating, and Why the Diesel Will Tow Less

·
17,644 Posts
You need obligatory hi-lift now.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Very nice! You prolly know already, change the stock antenna out with a rubber ducky.
Thanks Barry. I will look into that. Not a fan of stick antennas.

·
17,644 Posts
Not sure on jeeps, but on my X the oem radio antenna was just barey higher than the roof rack, to give me an alert on clearance or not.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

Reactions: Barry and Olly

·
HGH Optimist
7,997 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Always awesome to see Useless Nick stop by with some amazing contributions.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,807 Posts
I saw one on the road the other night and it made me sad they don't make a 2 door model that's smaller and called a Comanche. But I know 2 door trucks don't sell now.

So then I still think they should have named it a Comanche. I have to say I am warming up to the idea.

·
Super Moderator
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
A two door with a bed would be pretty damn cool.

A buddy of mine had CJ-8 for 10 years. Still kicking himself for selling it.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts