LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
20,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially dropping wrenches on Doric's face.

....that is all.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
10,102 Posts
I miss group gatherings too. Last group work day I was helping fit brakes and a sway setup on someone elses G8. I was slightly jelly.

The other 3 cars mine included were getting routine MX. On and SS brake lines. motive bleeder got a work out that day.

so long ago.

·
Administrator
20,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:(

·
Registered
819 Posts
Now we just drop the wrenches on our own face.
That shit hurts.
My son just turned 16. He's been helping me wrench on cars for 3yrs now, and since we dont have a lift a lot of that is laying on our back under the car.

I keep drilling into him the cardinal rule, "Dont lay directly underneath what you're working on". I'm pretty sure that's saved us tons of crud falling into our eyes, and probably avoided a few chipped teeth from a falling ratchet handle.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
My son just turned 16. He's been helping me wrench on cars for 3yrs now, and since we dont have a lift a lot of that is laying on our back under the car.

I keep drilling into him the cardinal rule, "Dont lay directly underneath what you're working on". I'm pretty sure that's saved us tons of crud falling into our eyes, and probably avoided a few chipped teeth from a falling ratchet handle.
ive been doing it wrong all these years....

·
1 of 40,757
6,546 Posts
I've finally learned, thankfully without injury, safety glasses are a must when working under rusty cars.
Relying on fast reacting eyelids/lashes just doesn't do it anymore.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I've finally learned, thankfully without injury, safety glasses are a must when working under rusty cars.
Relying on fast reacting eyelids/lashes just doesn't do it anymore.
ive learned that a couple times too. and being ignorant and not wearing them using a miter saw has gotten me to the urgent care a couple of times

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Im just thinking those are some long arms
Shit. Here’s what happened:

I set the impact on the radiator support with the hose connected. I didn’t need it it that moment. Later on the creeper. Rolled under the truck. Rolled back out, hit the hose And the gun fell, hitting me in the head. My stupid fault.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
10,102 Posts
damn.

I mean i hurt reading that. worst I ever did was get some transmission fluid in my eye. smurf I wear glasses and I manged to get dumped enough for it to run down my face and into my eye. smurf a duck that hurt.

·
Administrator
20,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think Doric also got Trans fluid in his eye once. Also a fun day!

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I've gotten brake cleaner in my eyes on more than one occasion, even with safety squints on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts