LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mustangs = Goat Food
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I think I have decided on the tires and wheels, but would like some opinions berfore I actually spend the money.

I am leaning towards the Moda R10s in an 18x8 (40mm) in the front, and 18x9 (45mm) in the rear.

Here is a photochop of the wheels:

For tires I am thinking about the BFG KDW-2 in a 245/40YR18 in the front, and 275/35YR18 in the rear.

So what do you think?

Do the wheels go well with the Goat (I think they do)?
I know I will have to roll/grind the rear, but should the tire/wheel combo fit (I don't know how square the shoulders on the BFGs are compared to the factory Bridgestones)?
_
_

Attachments

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
I personally don't like the wheels, but that's just my opinion. Otherwise, they should have no problem at all fitting with rolling/grinding down of the fenders. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Porch Dick
20,340 Posts
The wheels are okay, nothing great in my opinion, but okay. I'm not up to speed on the different styles available, but I think you could probably find a better 7 spoke, if that is what you are going for.

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
No offense, but they just aren't exciting enough of a design. But, otherwise, they're not bad.

·
Look at me.
2,833 Posts
I don't like the wheels, but sounds like they will fit.

Also, you might want to try 245/45 and 275/40's instead for more sidewall.

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Chilly Palmer said:
Also, you might want to try 245/45 and 275/40's instead for more sidewall.
Only if he was doing 17" wheels. Those sizes in 18" would cause rubbing problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts