LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in early August, I bought a 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition. I wanted a daily with a stick again, and was looking at GTIs, GLIs, and WRXs. Ultimately, the VW won over the Subie because it runs on 87, it doesn't have the vaping douche insurance premium, and after driving both, it became pretty evident that the only thing the WRX had as a plus over the VW was AWD. Also, Subaru dealers are not nearly as willing to make a deal on a WRX. Those clowns think they are made of gold.

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
First thought was wondering if there's a diesel version but after seeing the engine specs, nice!
My brother had an 80's golf that he parted ways with recently. Odometer wasn't working but probably had a million miles on it.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Fun car, right? Wife love's her '17.

·
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fun car, right? Wife love's her '17.
It is a really fun car. It is also very comfortable to drive.
I was hesitant getting back into a car payment, but I'm glad I made the jump.

·
15,978 Posts
It's missing an R though :D

For the price though, GTI is a good choice. There's some potential with them, just the fwd part.

·
Super Moderator
10,401 Posts
but... german. :(
Unfortunately it's not, and that's the problem with the newer VWs.

Our last USA built VW was a steaming pile loose garbage lol.

A buddy of mine carried on from our last VW ownage all the way back in 2008. He's had three of them since and they've been ok at best.

His gross polluter TDI used to try and kill him when it would stall when pulling out in front of people. It did that like 7 times. It took like 4 trips to service over a year for them to get that fixed. Ultimate he made out like a bandit on that car with all the buybacks from VW.

Now he has a 2017 GTI and the drivers door comes loose on it. It's came loose twice now and has torn up the paint on the door and the front fender.

I'm not saying all this to slam muthugga by any means and I hope he has great luck with his. It's a sharp looking car especially for a daily.

·
Worthless reject member
36,217 Posts

A buddy of mine carried on from our last VW ownage all the way back in 2008. He's had three of them since and they've been ok at best.

His gross polluter TDI used to try and kill him when it would stall when pulling out in front of people. It did that like 7 times. It took like 4 trips to service over a year for them to get that fixed. Ultimate he made out like a bandit on that car with all the buybacks from VW.

Now he has a 2017 GTI and the drivers door comes loose on it. It's came loose twice now and has torn up the paint on the door and the front fender.

I'm not saying all this to slam muthugga by any means and I hope he has great luck with his. It's a sharp looking car especially for a daily.
so, worse than german.

·
Registered Offender
31,447 Posts
so what they were out of GTA's?

·
Registered Offender
31,447 Posts
grand theft auto bitches

·
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
12,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Aside from GM, FCA, and Ford no longer offering a single thing that competes with the GTI/WRX segment, GM also lost my business because of their recent quality issues:

A friend bought a 2016 SS and the power steering failed. This required multiple trips to the dealer with the dealer telling him tough cookies whenever they couldn't replicate it.
I test drove a 2017 Camaro SS, and the power steering failed before leaving the dealer lot.
The dealer gave me a second Camaro SS to drive, and it threw a CEL during the course of the test drive.
That friend traded his SS for a 2018 diesel Colorado. He just settled a lemon law case with that due to the gauge cluster flashing. That also resulted in multiple dealer trips with the same tough cookies attitude from the service department, even when he showed them videos of it happening.

Every manufacturer has its issues, but it seems like VW is much more apt to own up and correct those issues than other manufacturers, who seem more ready to automatically blame the operator.

·
Worthless reject member
36,217 Posts
No less reliable than other brand out there.

And it comes with a 6 year/72K bumper to bumper warranty.
maybe... but... service position.

anyhow, the warranty i like. wife and i are spoiled by hyundai. granted bumper to bumper is only 6/60k, but powertrain is 10/100k.

let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered Offender
31,447 Posts
with all the bad press VW got over dieselgate im more surprised that they don't have some chick on staff giving out mouth hugs with every new car purchase...….in other words they are going to have to be top notch in every category for some time to come

·
Registered Offender
31,447 Posts
not to say im defending GM in the least, the dealer that I bought my SS from can EAD with how shitty they are at keeping promised delivery dates on service

·
Worthless reject member
36,217 Posts
Aside from GM, FCA, and Ford no longer offering a single thing that competes with the GTI/WRX segment, GM also lost my business because of their recent quality issues:

A friend bought a 2016 SS and the power steering failed. This required multiple trips to the dealer with the dealer telling him tough cookies whenever they couldn't replicate it.
I test drove a 2017 Camaro SS, and the power steering failed before leaving the dealer lot.
The dealer gave me a second Camaro SS to drive, and it threw a CEL during the course of the test drive.
That friend traded his SS for a 2018 diesel Colorado. He just settled a lemon law case with that due to the gauge cluster flashing. That also resulted in multiple dealer trips with the same tough cookies attitude from the service department, even when he showed them videos of it happening.

Every manufacturer has its issues, but it seems like VW is much more apt to own up and correct those issues than other manufacturers, who seem more ready to automatically blame the operator.
That sucks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts