LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have one of the first Monaros in the UK, a silver CV8. It's more or less the same as your GTO's, except for the front end, and the steering wheel is on the other side, of course! What a car :hail:

The only thing I'm slightly disapointed with is the standard fit Blaukpunkt radio/cd unit. I don't think it sounds that good, nor does it have any auxillary input connection (for my hard disc based MP3 system) or any low level line outs, to feed amps.

So I've decided I want to replace the head unit, with a Pioneer or Kenwood or something similar.

What I need is a 'facia panel adaptor' - i.e a fitting kit that will fit in hole in the dash where the Blaukpunkt used to sit, and allow the fitment of a standard sized single DIN (or double DIN) head unit.

Do you guys know of anybody who sells one? The Monaro is a brand new car over here, and nobody sells such a thing.

Thanks, Paul.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
PaulS said:
Hi,

I have one of the first Monaros in the UK, a silver CV8. It's more or less the same as your GTO's, except for the front end, and the steering wheel is on the other side, of course! What a car :hail:

The only thing I'm slightly disapointed with is the standard fit Blaukpunkt radio/cd unit. I don't think it sounds that good, nor does it have any auxillary input connection (for my hard disc based MP3 system) or any low level line outs, to feed amps.

So I've decided I want to replace the head unit, with a Pioneer or Kenwood or something similar.

What I need is a 'facia panel adaptor' - i.e a fitting kit that will fit in hole in the dash where the Blaukpunkt used to sit, and allow the fitment of a standard sized single DIN (or double DIN) head unit.

Do you guys know of anybody who sells one? The Monaro is a brand new car over here, and nobody sells such a thing.

Thanks, Paul.
welcome aboard.......I dont know of anyone who has replaced the unit yet and I was told by my local stereo place that it would have to be a custom fabricated piece since the car is so new.
sorry I dont have much help to offer

·
Registered
318 Posts
Somewhere in this section, I believe, was a pic from one of our friends from down under showing an available double din panel to replace the factory unit and was pre-cut for a single din unit. You could always just go the route I did, therefore keeping the factory Blaupunkt head unit. The sound is superb.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
A guy from Scosche is stopping here to pull my GTO apart ( :eek: ) and measure it for their kits. Should be sometime next week.

·
2,637 Posts
mike1421 said:
That's what I am planning for mine. Should fit fine, just need a face plate/kit. I'm trying to get the one from Australia listed in another thread. no luck so far. It's not in the US GM Parts system.

·
2,637 Posts

·
3Deucesanda5speedanda455
411 Posts
But not the wiring harness........... :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts