LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Dick Ross
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So growing up, I hated school. I refused to do homework, slept in class ect. Well, during this time the whole "no child left behind" act took place and my school started classes for people they thought were struggling. When this started the school made me do all kinds of cognitive tests and stuff like that. I was smart, I just hated school and was lazy. My IQ test was above average for my age. But, they decided to put me inthese classes anyways... so it's 7th grade year and I'm in this class that's pretty much like a study hall but the teachers helped read the homework and pretty much just gave you answers. I never had help from them because I straight up refused. I knew I didn't belong there and so did they.

But anyways, one day we come into the class and the teacher hands us all a fund raiser thing and said that if we reach our goal, we get to go skiing. I was all for it, I was like "fuck yeah I wanna go skiing!" So we sold candy and we ended up going

Day one I realized something weird was going down. There were a lot of people on the slopes with special needs. I was like "huh, that's weird" and kept having fun. About an hour or so later the teacher pulls all the students together and says we are in a competition. I was then thinking "what in the fuck?" And then it hit me... we were competing in the Special Olympics.

I was so fucking embarrassed and felt so much shame. Here I am, a normal kid, told to ski against people with serious problems in a competition setting.

So the competition starts and it's a timed event to see who can get down the "slope" the fastest. It was harder than it seemed because the slope was damn near flat. So I get up to the starting line and they set off a siren. I'm freaking red in the face with embarrassment and making my way down this bunny slope. I get to the end and I had the fastest posted time. I did it, I won the Special Olympics and felt defeated. Everyone was cheering me on and giving me words of encouragement and all I wanted to do was crawl into a hole.

That was probably the most embarrassed I was in my entire life and just remembering it makes me shudder lol I have no fucking clue why the teacher decided to take us there for that. Literally no one in my class had any special needs. A few kids with ADD/ADHD sure, but nothing like the kids that were there. Made me feel awful. And to top it all off I got letters informing me of Special Olympic activities for years after that.

Anyone else got some juicy embarrassing stories they want to share??

·
15,953 Posts
What happens in.vegas, stays in vegas...they say.

·
Registered Offender
31,377 Posts
there are some things that one should keep to themselves......that fat chick you banged at your buddies party, that one chick who gave you the clap, that one time at band camp perhaps, or you had a weekend stay at neverland ranch. I would take certain stories to the grave lol

·
Registered Offender
31,377 Posts
frostbite from some cold lowjo perhaps

·
Registered Offender
31,377 Posts
its got drool all over it probably

·
HGH Optimist
6,623 Posts
We all figured you were retarded, but damn... you got an award for it.

·
Dick Ross
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lmao even though it's embarrassing, it's a funny story. The first time I told the guys at work they were doubled over laughing. I've always thought No Child Left Behind was a fucking joke and this proves that. They didn't care about helping people that actually needed help, they just wanted better test scores. All I needed was a boot in the ass. My problem was I didn't want to learn unless I had an interest in it. And all the teachers that said "oh you won't always have a calculator in your pocket hur de hur!" They can sit and spin.

·
Dick Ross
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just sayin, there isn't a helmet in this world that can keep me off a window

·
Registered Offender
31,377 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,478 Posts
I mean if the mouthguard fits I guess. damn son.

now embarrassing stories wise. I've heard better. One time at a movie I was getting the GF to give me a handy - and I asked if she had any lotion in her purse to help out. she said she did - however it's dark, bottles feel the same whatever other excuse. pretty soon I could smell cheap alcohol and before I could say anything there was a subtle burn. damned hand sanitizer. yeah that didn't feel right for another 30 minutes or more.

second most uncomfortable movie experience I've ever had. First being sitting though roots in public school.

·
Registered Offender
31,377 Posts
if you would have just cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket and gotten extra butter at the concession stand all that could have been avoided

1 - 20 of 43 Posts