LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening before the Goat had to go under the knife, I was spending a little "special time" with her (OK, I'll stop!)

Anyhow, cruising down a divided four-lane with a 45 mph limit when this Camaro practically rear-ends me and then swerves around me at about 70. As he passes me, he nails his brakes, slowing to pull beside me and then punches it. Some 'banger in a late Z/28 - Madonna on the dash and everything.

He run up ahead and pulls into the left-turn lane at the next light, the same place I was planning to turn. When the light turns green, he jumps on it, almost losing control as he grabs second while swerving around the car in front of him. He sprints up to the next light, which is turning yellow as he approaches and he slams on brakes and jerks it over into the right lane, stopping early. Thinking four-letter words to myself, I pull up next to him. It dawns on me, though, that he doesn't intend to cease.

So, when the light turns green, I slipped the clutch quickly at about 2k and then squeezed the pedal down. A tiny bit of hop that went away with a little excess spin and then I backed out just a tad - and it hooked up nicely. Broke 'em loose in second on a 6k shift and then backed out of it and grabbed third with him visible in the rearview.

He did a ricer fly-by and then cut in front of me and braked hard and then swerved back right again and slowed back beside me but never would look at me. He was clearly angry! He left the next light two cars ahead of me in a cloud of smoke.

Two minutes later, a really sweet Formula pulled up next to me at a light. The guy smiled and nodded and then, when the light changed, we both jumped. He got the holeshot (I hopped and smoked a bit again) and then I caught him as we grabbed second and he had pulled me ahead of me by about a car-length (my front bumper even with his back bumper) when we shifted into third and we both backed off and stopped at the next light. He rolled his window down - we were both smiling like fools and and laughing as the light changed and we both missed it!

Fun... :)

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
First car... poor sport.
Second car... good sport.

It takes all kinds. Nice job on the Z28. Better luck next time with the Formula. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts