LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sneaky: Well thats what my gauges said........I was taking a left turn at about 10mph......Damn that 200 was sooo smooth......Pull over turn car off ...turn car on....Demons gone.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That happened 3 times first week I had car and hasn't again in 4 months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That just happened to me today on the way to work too. Both the speedo and gas gauge were messed up. Tank is full and only showing a little over half. I got to work, turned it off, started it back up and things went back to normal. The one thing that I did notice was that the digital speedo still read correctly when the needle was bouncing all over the place. That leads me to believe it's something goofy happening in the gauge itself and not in the sending unit or sensors.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
If it happens again, drive straight to the dealership and have them look at it without turning the car off first. Dealer replaced my intrument cluster.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Also have them check the body control module (BCM) and associated wiring harness. This is located behind the glove box and there have been issues with some of the wires touching to ground and causing the same types of problems. They should have a TSB on this.

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
248 Posts
This also happen to me only once, a few weeks ago. Driving 35 mph, with the speed indicating over 135 mph.

·
Registered
52 Posts
flyinlow said:
Also have them check the body control module (BCM) and associated wiring harness. This is located behind the glove box and there have been issues with some of the wires touching to ground and causing the same types of problems. They should have a TSB on this.
Sounds BCMish, from other posts and similar exp. with the temp guage.

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
Hey, I have the same problem, but I have figured out that it is self induced. You must wait for the car to complete that little self check before putting it in gear otherwise you feak the car out and the gauges start doing freaky shit. Don't belive me? Try it tomorrow

·
Registered
39 Posts
This happend to me also like three times and hasnt happend in like 7 months, Does anyone have any problems with the steering wheel control buttons getting confussed? that happens every once and a while also the radio will go to max volume and back down low soom times, and while i am goin the horn has been known to honk by itself??? But for the most part i have no problems. i took it to the dealer when this stuff was happening, and go figure it wouldnt do it for them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts