LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Searched a bit and couldn't find where you can purchase the plastic piece that the IAT plugs into(the receptor of IAT plug)? Just wanted to have it for a do it yourself cai. Anybody know where I can get just that?

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
Are you talking about the extension harness or the grommet for the IAT?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I found a part number in a thread by a guy with an '05. Is it the same for 04-06, just different location on '05 and '06? Part number I found for NAPA was TS4026. And GM 12160244.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That is what I am talking about but I am still wondering whether it is same for '04-'06 Goats?

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
That is the IAT sensor you have there. 04 Goats use that, 05-06 have one mounted in the MAF and to use this style, you will need the sensor, plug and grommet that the IAT pops into.
Joe

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
If you have an 04, why would you need another one? The car aready has one.
Joe

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
those things are prone for failure. Your gas mileage tanks once the thing starts going, and so does power

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i'd bet he's going to adapt it for an Omega thermistor :)

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I was thinking that too, but saw no mention of it. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't getting caught up in the 05 threads on adding an IAT.
Joe

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep that was what I meant about the do-it-yourself cai that started this thread. I am going to try to do it with svede's instructions by pm but have low expectations of my electical capabilities, hopefully I can find someone to help me a bit around here. I don't like wraith's comment about "prone for failure". Is it the NAPA one or the GM one? I don't see why the GM one would be prone to failure.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
If you were local, I'd do the soldering for you. I have done a couple for people via the mail though if you want. I just picked up the sensors locally and had the thermistors shipped to me, soldered them up and sent them out. It is very easy to do though. I am the one who started to just pop the IAT sensors apart and reassemble them so they looked OEM, not cut up. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to walk you through it.
Joe

·
Old Goat
261 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts