LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do an IAT relocate using the factory LS2 air intake? I can find tons of info of people doing them with aftermarket ones, but nothing with people keeping the factory setup. pics?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Anyone do an IAT relocate using the factory LS2 air intake? I can find tons of info of people doing them with aftermarket ones, but nothing with people keeping the factory setup. pics?
I dont have pics, as since I did this I've removed the factory box.

When I had it, I drilled a hold in the front of the actual box (side facing the drivers headlight, not the lid)

..and used a rubber grommet that would both fit the slightly-oversized hole and the IAT sensor itself. You might have the best luck if you find a grommet that fits the IAT sensor, and then measure/drill afterwards, so get it right the first time. It would suck to have a grommet installed that the IAT won't fit in.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I dont have pics, as since I did this I've removed the factory box.

When I had it, I drilled a hold in the front of the actual box (side facing the drivers headlight, not the lid)

..and used a rubber grommet that would both fit the slightly-oversized hole and the IAT sensor itself. You might have the best luck if you find a grommet that fits the IAT sensor, and then measure/drill afterwards, so get it right the first time. It would suck to have a grommet installed that the IAT won't fit in.
this

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So no need for breakout? Just basically relocate the IAT to factory box using a grommet? Will the IAT reach that far?

·
Registered
11 Posts

You will need a breakout harness for the iat sensor. I did it on my car a while back. Drill a hole in the front of the airbox and put a grommet to hold the sensor in place. I can't comment on seeing any improvement in performance or iat temps since my car is stock, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Here's a picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts