LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. I have came to believe I have either cracked my flex plate ND can't start my car or my motor is seized. I can't turn it over by hand at all. Could the trans/ flex plate stop my car from starting? Or did I really toast my motor. I drove the car hard so it very well could have broke the motor. But the trans went by the time I got to my buddy's house.. drove while slipping ND it was bad bad.. I parked it in the drive way to get ready to swap another one in the car started made an horide sound. To only never start again. Can the trans hold the motor in place. When I crank the car the starter hits super hard to only tilt the motor ever so slightly so I know it's kinda hitting. I come from diesel trucks. New to the rave car thing. Please help.. if the motor is toast. What are my options. Also money is kinda an issue at the moment. Looking for direction.

Things I've tried
-breaker bar
- taking belts of ND breaker bar no budge
-pulled plugs seem okay little to no signs of anything but they are super fresh 3 days before car blew or stop work

What do I do next steps in the right direction would be appreciated

Edit (trans went out hours before the motor) idk if this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I'll start there.. so my logic is somewhat thesis is possible? And thanks for the help.. anything else would be greatly appreciated
Wow I can't type for shit today to much turkey anyways.. my logic is possible?

·
Worthless reject member
40,412 Posts
It's really unlikely. Maybe the torque converter grenaded internally or something, preventing it from turning, but that has to be pretty bad luck for something like that to happen just right. I don't see how you cracked your flex plate. It would probably just make a ton of noise if you did.

Drop the starter and if you can the plastic cover thing by the bellhousing and take a good look in there to be sure.

You should be able to separate the engine and trans with the flywheel still attached to the converter, since you won't be able to get to the flexplate/converter bolts, but you'll have a huge mess once you pull it off, and there isn't a ton of room in the trans tunnel around the bellhousing. You might want to try separating the trans slightly so you can get to the last flexwheel/tq converter bolt or bolts you can't reach.

Good luck with that. I've never tried it, i've only read it's possible.

·
Manufacturing Engineer
133 Posts
What does the oil look like? Was it low. does it have "chunks" in it when you drain it, etc.?

If you started it and it ran but made a horrible noise, I'd say your trans isn't locked up. Sorry to say, but it sounds more like a bottom end problem to me.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts