LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Kook Headers, Comp Cam (G1) and springs, underdriven pulley, low temp thermostat and cat back exhaust installed. Now it will not respond to the gas petal for about a minute after starting. It will then run alright though it smells like it is running rich. Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
DocB said:
I just had Kook Headers, Comp Cam (G1) and springs, underdriven pulley, low temp thermostat and cat back exhaust installed. Now it will not respond to the gas petal for about a minute after starting. It will then run alright though it smells like it is running rich. Any suggestions or ideas?
You need to get to a tuner. You cannot expect the computer to compensate for all of those parts. The cam especially.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
yep, a tune is needed, especially after a cam.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I'm baffled by how many peolpe don't understand how a tune is almost always needed after a cam install.

·
Kahuna Bill
726 Posts
Even if you are tuned it can be difficult to deal with. You can attribute the stinky rich smell to the cam and lack of cats (Im assuming you are catless). I had to put a fan in my garage cause it stinks it up so bad. Even after spending lots of time with the tune, I eventually had to drill the throttle plate to get it to idle properly. Welcome to the world of high performance....there is always a trade off.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Tune will set you straight!

·
Administrator
20,422 Posts
As already said, find a tuner. The sooner the better.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Awww, just go out and drive the thing, it will be just fine.

LOL... you need a tuner. +10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts