LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Predator performance tune installed now for roughly 1500 miles on my M6. It has worked great and been a very useful DTC tool. I do have one problem, however. Immediately after starting up and letting the engine warm up, I typically back out of either the garage or a parking spot. After I have backed up, let off the throttle, and ready to shift into first, the idle drops way down to about 400-500 and then returns to around 800. This happens frequently and I am not sure what the problem is. It happens more frequently soon after startup versus after I've been driving around though. The only other thing I've done is switch to NGK TR55s, but those were installed 500 miles prior to the performance tune and idle was fine after installation. Could my gaps be too wide or too small?

Anyone (with or without predator) ever have a similar problem?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Mine idles around 500 rpm both before and after the Predator tune. It idles at around 900-1000 rpm when it is warming up.
:drink::drink:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
GTOWILL said:
I've had the Predator performance tune installed now for roughly 1500 miles on my M6. It has worked great and been a very useful DTC tool. I do have one problem, however. Immediately after starting up and letting the engine warm up, I typically back out of either the garage or a parking spot. After I have backed up, let off the throttle, and ready to shift into first, the idle drops way down to about 400-500 and then returns to around 800. This happens frequently and I am not sure what the problem is. It happens more frequently soon after startup versus after I've been driving around though. The only other thing I've done is switch to NGK TR55s, but those were installed 500 miles prior to the performance tune and idle was fine after installation. Could my gaps be too wide or too small?

Anyone (with or without predator) ever have a similar problem?
I have the M6 with predator tune, don't notice this. Why don't you put back the stock tune, and see how she runs.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I noticed that mine was idling a tad low today (94 degrees and almost as much humidity). Backed out Predator tune, installed factory tune, then reset PCM.
After all that, no difference in idle, but seems to have more spunk like before.
Maybe this is like disc defragmenting.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Maybe it has nothing at all to do with the predator... you do not say, but have you restored the factory tune to determine that it isn't something else?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tried restoring the factory tune yet, but I'll do it when I get back home from a business trip.

500 rpm Tails? Anyone else idleing that low? Is it just me that idles at 800 rpm after warm up?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried restoring the factory tune yet, but I'll do it when I get back home - I'm in Charleston, SC on a work trip.

500 rpm Tails? Anyone else idleing that low? Is it just me that idles at 800 rpm after warm up?

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah...thanks for the clarification DY.

·
Bonzai Baby
211 Posts
I have an A4. Just brought the car in for service this morning. I backed out the Predator tune yesterday. Idle RPM with Predator is 510-520. RPM without is 510-520. No difference on my car.

On the other hand, backing the tune out is very noticable. My goat turned into a caddy/buick; it shifts soooooo smoooth. Plus, this morning, on the way home, I ran into the first Mach I have seen - a black one. No Predator, no tune, side by side, him grinning, but no fun. I just nodded and said hello. His car was twice as loud as mine. Sounded like a beast.

Update: Just put the Predator tune back in. The car seems to have more torque than before. Spinning the tires in first is way too easy. Does the tune change, depending on when you install?? Just curious - It seems more agressive. Might be just me. I wonder, because when it installs, it says "building the tune". Well, building from what???

·
Dad's Yellow Goat
632 Posts
The Devil has arrived! Just installed Predator preformance tune today. As you mentioned when starting and engine was hot idles around 525 stumbles slightly. When start up is with cool engine,(shut off for over 3 hours) has high idle around 800 for few minutes and runs smooth. I have an A4 also, biggest surprise so far, solid rapid trans shifts at partial throttle and gas mileage bumbed up about 0.5mpg. I have a 35 mile oneway commute all highway. The car seems much more drivable at low throttle pressure in high gear. Have not got a chance for the 1/4 mile yet but it obviously feels great WOT. Shifts very positive and hard breaking tires lose into second. What that means will be determined by the time slip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts