LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered Offender
31,429 Posts
if you want to LS swap something rather obscure for shits and giggles I would vote for an merkur XR4Ti

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
Nope, that would be a coyote swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,397 Posts
lmao

·
15,967 Posts
Damn guys, money not a consideration and yet you'd put an LS in something?

·
Dick Ross
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
On the factory five Facebook page a guy put a viper v10 in a cobra kit. It was crazy.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,938 Posts
80s El Camino, monte carlo front end, 2016+ camaro front and rear suspension with mag ride as well as the drivetrain with an LT4+10spd auto. GTO dash/center console and seats.

·
Hell pecker yeah
7,147 Posts
80s El Camino, monte carlo front end, 2016+ camaro front and rear suspension with mag ride as well as the drivetrain with an LT4+10spd auto. GTO dash/center console and seats.
That has GOT to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What's next, you gonna LS swap a Mustang?:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered Offender
31,429 Posts
ouch lol

·
15,967 Posts
Go, caballero! (Iirc that was the name of the twin in 80's)

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,938 Posts
That has GOT to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What's next, you gonna LS swap a Mustang?:ROFLMAO:
LOL

Probably put like a GMC badge on it...
hey i resemble that remark!

80s GM interiors were utter garbage. GTO seats/dash are a nice enough upgrade without being out of place in the super old body. plus you can get Chevy badges for the dash. Id definitely do an aftermarket steering wheel though.

Hilariously after posting this on my drive home i saw a super clean 80s el camino. its gotta be a sign right? cmon lottery ticket!

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,482 Posts
NOPE it would be a HELLAPHANNNNT SWAAAAAP

SMURFFFFVV U FR0D AND GM!
money is no object - smurf any sort of crate motor. Custom build race engines say what what in the but.

Tesla P100D guts under an OG Mini.
Why wouldn't the battery work?
Doric I think the biggest issue is the wheel base of an OG mini is rather small - as is the width. So the tesla battery pack would be bigger than the floor pan of a OG minI by significant margin.

Now custom new battery pack - rock out with your // out.

weight - you will nearly double the weight of an OG mini once you put enough lithium in it. well OK polymer the lithium sheets in the batteries are light.

I like the base idea though. AWD or still FWD only?

View attachment 498686

OMG I want one sooooo bad!!! Would be faster than anything I could ever build for sure.... and getting something like that in IN a VIN and plates isn't as difficult as you might think... omg why am I like this 😭
don't take this the wrong way - you can't build what oyu have and don't know how it runs. I think it will surprise you.

Meanwhile his mini F1 car is way to small for road use IMO - I know you are smaller than I so fitment might not matter. I wouldn't put it on the street. Arial atom (SP) is about as small as I can stand on a public road.

oh and Multi-quote thank you.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,482 Posts
Now none of y'all have any imagination. DAMN.

First off money is no object - I'm a build my own damn hypercar. I have gates money to blow - smurf a duck.

I have my own test track, I don't care if I sell more than 2 cars.

and I would make more than one type. track fun toy - I'd roll back to electric like that RIMAC thing. 0-100 in 2 seconds flat - active aero - etc etc.

Then have some sort of sport sedan/station wagon - hybrid power, gas turbine to provide electrons to a battery pack plug in 2 motor AWD system. sized like a new model Explorer. 0-60 in 3 seconds, but will if you want pull 1.1 G on the skidpad with active aero and brakes that will hold down a blimp.

Roll around town in my refurbished Duesenberg why because I can damn it. And full retormod a 72 buick boattail Riv with a custom AL race motor. and I don't know if I'd roll all N/A or if I would roll twin turbos so smurf it I'm a build both because I can.

and finally I'd have 2 race planes and when I roll out to drive in monaco ride off in a personal 777 300ER F and show up with 2 cars, pit tools, and I guess the wife and kids. debatable there.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,482 Posts
uhm well it used to also mean cawk. but whatever.

I mean seriously if there was no limit on the money I'd have engineered variable valve timing, and lift systems with electronically operated valves that opened to unrestricted cylinder flow. Or you know unproducible.

well ok engineer in me would punt and do the turbine thing because reality maths.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts