LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that the Goodyear semi annual employee appreciation sale will take place October the 14th thru the 18th.

I can get any tire except dedicated snow tires for about 50% off retail depending on the model of tire.

I also have some mail in rebate coupons worth $20 per tire for regular Goodyear, Dunlops or Kelly Springfield tires and $25 per tire if you get the new Assurance tires that GY is advertising all over the TV now. I only have enough for about 5 sets, so first come first serve on the coupons.

Of course sales tax, balancing, road hazard, stems and disposal are all extra as noted below, these are also below our normal pricing.

$11.95 per tire lifetime balance and rotation
$10.95 road hazard
$2 stems
$2 disposal

As an example I am getting a set of 265/70/17 Wrangler AT/S tires in a C load range with 17/32 tread (not the silly S2 that came on the truck with only 13/32 tread) for $124 a tire before the rebate and that normally retails for almost $200 in a C load range.

Even if you can’t be here in person I can ship the tires to you as a loose carry out sale (for $10 per tire ground) or hold them till you can make it in, but to get the deal you have to actually purchase them between now and the 18th.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Arg, dont have my Goat yet. I was thinking about a nice beefy set of Goodyears for mine once I get it. Cant remember the model name but basicly they were the radical summer only pattern.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

That one? I am checking on it for someone else as well. I should have a price for it tomorrow as soon as I can get ahold of the price list.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
How about GS-C's? I know they brought them back for a little while.

Other than that, I like the regular F1 Supercar (non EMT) tire like the Vette's and the SS's had.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Yea, the F1's in staggered front/rear sizes (18" x 235, 245 or 265 or 275 sizes)

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will check on the GS-Cs. Also the Supercars are the ones that come on the Z06. The regular F1s come on the SS and the F1 EMTs come on the regular Vette. They are different tread patterns.

What exact sizes are we looking for?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
They label so many tires their "F1" :D

At one time, I think it was F1 GS :rolleyes:

For now, the stock size as I don't have any wheels lined up. I just don't like the tread pattern on the BFG's.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
1st Choice - Eagle GS-C

2nd Choice - Eagle F1 GS

Of course, I think the second one is the only one available in our size.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
What would a set of the regular F1 as below run?

245/45ZR17 95Y VSB 7.5- 9.0 8 9.4 25.7 8.1 1,521 @ 35 $237

Also, it said on that site that these tires protect from curb damage, does that mean they're far wider than what the actual size is?

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The GS-C only comes in P245/50ZR16 and was an OEM tire on the C4 Vette. To be honest its a junk tire compared to what else is out there today. You are way better off with the F1 series of tires.

·
Upstairs in the basement
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phobos512 said:
What would a set of the regular F1 as below run?

245/45ZR17 95Y VSB 7.5- 9.0 8 9.4 25.7 8.1 1,521 @ 35 $237

Also, it said on that site that these tires protect from curb damage, does that mean they're far wider than what the actual size is?
Take a look about 5 posts up the list :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
any tire for any car?

Can you quote me Eagle GT-HRs in Size: 205/60HR15. Please tell me whether price includes the shipping to Cleveland area and how much more I can get in rebates if anything. Thanks!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Shag Finger said:
Take a look about 5 posts up the list :cool:
I saw the post that says for the F1-GS but on the link you provided that's a different tire from this:

Are they then the same price?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Shag Finger said:
The GS-C only comes in P245/50ZR16 and was an OEM tire on the C4 Vette. To be honest its a junk tire compared to what else is out there today. You are way better off with the F1 series of tires.
I have that "JUNK" tire on my Camaro in a 275/40/17 size and love it! Just an FYI!

I love the asymetrical style of it too.

It was standard on the C4, then became a tire on the Camaro (16").

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
phobos512 said:
I saw the post that says for the F1-GS but on the link you provided that's a different tire from this:

Are they then the same price?
I was thinking of these tires also. Are these good or bad in your opinion?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
I have that "JUNK" tire on my Camaro in a 275/40/17 size and love it! Just an FYI!

I love the asymetrical style of it too.

It was standard on the C4, then became a tire on the Camaro (16").
I also had those on my 96 WS6. Loved them. They could hook at the track, 1.87 with 4.10's, and could handle on the street. The fronts lasted 45K miles also! Still have one in the garage that might have 2K miles on it. Nobody seems to like them as I can't seem to get rid of it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I was told the Eagle F1 DS3 (the one in the PIC marked just F1 in the thread w/ deep v's) was not in production and there were no confirmed production dates.

Shaq, can you comment?

·
Registered
207 Posts
relative n00b here...I'd love to get a set of summer tires, but I have no clue what's good, what's bad and what makes them such. I'll probably wait til the end and see what other people have ordered...my goat's just a lease, so I wouldn't go through even one set of tires before it goes back, probably, right? I just thought that I'd use the stock ones in the winter and more performance tires in the summer (all 4 months of it here in Michigan).

I want to thank you in advance Shaq Finger, this is a very generous thing you're doing here.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts