LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my name is chris and its my first time on this site. (yay :bubbrub )

I am currently in the process of ordering a 2004 Gto (yellow/black 6M). I am planning to trick this car out!!! What do i need to change? Ive heard of headers, cams, bla bla... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can someone explain to me what these are, and what is a good package or mod to get for my car? I want ANY suggestions, with sites/prices plz.. Thanks alot guys, i really appreciate it!!! ANYTHING TO GET THE CAR INTO A FASTER 0-60 (preferable 4's) and good 1/4 times. Thanks!

:wall: i know im noob at this, dont attack!!! :wall:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I just posted similar on another thread - but here goes:
The best advice is to read, read and read more - then set goals and put a plan together to reach them. ls1tech.com is the best website I've ever seen for technical advice on anything - and it happens to be about our engines. They are a little f-body-centric but there is more information there than you want on engine upgrades.
Now, it's 5.3 seconds 0-60 stock. I would guess intake, headers/ exhaust, tune and drag radials get you real close to 4's...
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
The Australians are heavily into rear end ratios. I believe our's is a little taller than the stock Monaro, but visiting ls1.com.au might prove helpful in that area. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome aboard. I suggest also spending time looking at all the posts in this forum. Personally I started a folder with all the information that I found of interest from here and then did research. From all the information I gathered I then prioritized based on what tickled my fancy.
:drink: :drink:

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
what DanSLS1 said. You also need to set a budget, and be realistic on your goals. these cars are quite quick off the showroom floor, so how much more speed do you want? also, think about drivablity, and if you're going to drive this car on the street alot, or race it, etc. visit this site everyday if you can. I read almost everything here before I signed up. there is a lot of good tech here, and everyday info too. don't be afraid to ask questions too, even if you think that they are stupid. remember, the only stupid question, is the one you don't ask.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Welcome

To play on Pink Floyd, Welcome to the Machine! You already have an LS6 Block and Intake. Even the stock LS6 heads and cam will get you to 400 advertised horsepower. To sum it all up, the limit is only how fast your wallet wants to go! :D

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:drink: Welcome to DA Family :drink:

:wall: BADA BING!! Salute :drink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts