LS1GTO Forums banner

im going to buy these..

4K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Orange69Goat 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Hopefully you are buying those for "your Son's Honda Civic"!
Please don't disgrace the GTO with Ricer parts.

No 5 inch muffler tip, no neons, no strobes, no aluminium wings, no ground dragging lower valences, no funky fog lights, no clear tails, NO NO NO NO NO NO!

#8 ·
speed demon... don't listen to these folks... it is your car, not theirs. You have the option of putting whatever additions you want on it.. Most of the people here are old fogies anyway. If you are going to put additions on a car, you should put them on this car NOT a civic. Why would you spruce up a crappy car and not spruce up a sweet ride. I am actually thinking about putting the undercarriage lighting on mine - phantom black with a nice low green or red glow would look pretty sweet in my opinion.

#11 ·
Uhh, if you put those on, I'm gonna hunt you down, steal your GTO and report you to the proper authorities in the Renassance (sp?) Center in Detroit so as to never let you purchase another GM vehicle again. :D

#13 ·
But we have to live with seeing it!

#14 ·
CMNTMXR57 said:
But we have to live with seeing it!
Very much agreed. Your car, your choice. But also its our choice to hunt you down and kill you, or at least post the pic on all the anti-rice sites out there.

Rules of the road:

1. Its better to be fast then look fast. Its even worse to look fast and be slow.

2. Yellow does not equal a faster car, no matter how much you aftermarket yellow stuff you add.

3. Stickers do not add horsepower, despite that belief among most of the ricers on the planet.

4. More driving lights doesn't mean a faster car.

#15 ·
agree tigger....

1) getting the nice classy phantom black... not yellow or red or purple, etc

2) No stickers, no corny fart noice mufflers, etc

3) the under lighting I am looking at is just a very low glow maybe a red or green. I am not looking at tricking the car out, just really love those undercarriage lights - always have.

4) if anyone else has a problem with looking at it LOOK FREAKIN AWAY THEN!

#19 ·
tails by that same theory I could say that undercarriage lighting excites molecules underneath the car providing lift negating some of the weight of the car and therfore affecting thrust in a positive way

#20 ·
By that same theory, undercarriage lights affect the molecular disposition of my face causing me to frown faster and tell you to go park in the honduh section. :D

#22 ·
Anyone know where I can find a nice Sparkomatic replacement for the Blaupunkt?? I looked in the section that has the neons and naked lady mudflaps and the Baby on Board signs, but all I left with was some deer whistles and a pair of 'Keep on Truckin' floormats. How the hell am I going to complete the look with all this cleanliness and refinement throughout the car?? Oh well, I've got to go dig out my chrome barefoot gas pedal cover and get my Dashmat ordered. Seeya!!:D :D :D

#23 ·
Hey Britus, he missed the baby on board signs, but my son gave me naked lady stickers, a deer whistle like ( actually looks sort of like a Olds 88 ) hood ornamement, "8 ball" shifter knob, chrome barefoot gas pedal cover and best of all, fuzzy dice for Christmas. Found all in local Pep Boys I think. Glad he has never seen JC WHitney catalog. I am way ahead of you.:D

#24 ·
:(

Work @ a corporate owned NAPA in Wis and we just put in rice products to keep in step with the Autozones,Western autos etc..

We don't sell much of this stuff but we have it all. Lights that flash with your bass, lighted shift knobs.neon etc..

To each is own. But personally I think its all crap.

More of it is stolen than paid for in the store, We are thinking about sending it all back to the distrabution center.

The first thing I am doing is tinting the glass and Sticky tires

#25 ·
britus56 said:
Anyone know where I can find a nice Sparkomatic replacement for the Blaupunkt?? I looked in the section that has the neons and naked lady mudflaps and the Baby on Board signs, but all I left with was some deer whistles and a pair of 'Keep on Truckin' floormats. How the hell am I going to complete the look with all this cleanliness and refinement throughout the car?? Oh well, I've got to go dig out my chrome barefoot gas pedal cover and get my Dashmat ordered. Seeya!!:D :D :D
LOL. I still have my chrome barefoot gas pedal I used on my '68 firebird. I wish I had kept thr car instead.

#26 ·
Holeshot said:
:(

Work @ a corporate owned NAPA in Wis and we just put in rice products to keep in step with the Autozones,Western autos etc..

We don't sell much of this stuff but we have it all. Lights that flash with your bass, lighted shift knobs.neon etc..

To each is own. But personally I think its all crap.

More of it is stolen than paid for in the store, We are thinking about sending it all back to the distrabution center.

The first thing I am doing is tinting the glass and Sticky tires
I meant to say something about that. I noticed a banner in the window of my local NAPA hocking that junk when I was there Sunday getting a set of brake rotors for the HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.