LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me paranoid, but.... today i let a buddy of mine drive my car, and he was actually the one that tought me to race stick, but he was shifting into second way hard a few times. we went back to his house and then i left about an hour later, and i noticed that my clutch petal was moving smoother and it was going into gear eaiser (good i guess) but twice when i got on it, at about 5000 rpm, the rpms went down very slightly, then went up in rpms slightly and then the tac went up like normal, i didnt feel any deceleration, but it worried me cause of how he had hit those gears. it didnt happen again on the next half dozen lanches i tried. i also tried the clutch slip test by accelerating in 1st then going to 6th and the car way bogged indicating that its not the clutch slipping. but i just took her to the shop today and i dont want to take it again so soon, damn... i feel like a new parent. i only have 1800 miles on her and his 5 hard shifts accounts for about 1/3 of the total hard shifts that i have ever done in the car. if this makes any sense or if anyone has any ideas, that would be great!!!! and yes, this will be the last time he takes her out for a long long time.

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
Mine shifts smoother and more positive after a night at the track a few weeks ago. Maybe its just getting broken in? I have never had a problem with the 2nd to 3rd shift like some of the guys talk about.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Whats the build date on your GTO gotza?

You can also do a clutch test in like 4th. gear let the clutch out see if you can stall the motor, i've tried this on cars with a questionably bad clutch and I was able let off the clutch pedal 100% without stalling.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
I too found that after some "hard" shifts the clutch/tranny was smoother. After some pratice going from 2nd to 3rd, I am now able to slap 3rd without fear of missing it while shifting from 2nd w/out taking my foot off of the gas pedal. I tell you its a thrill going through 4-5 hard shifts, getting rubber out of all gears and feeling this "Rocket" taking off. :driving: I can't imagine whats its like with a S/C and some other mods...Yikes. The only mod I have now is the Ram Air/Air Box Set up (MPD). But even with that set up I can feel the difference from stock, this car/motor is a raw power pack that just loves any mod you do to it.

I'm going to have some fun this winter getting some "goodies". :secret: I can't wait for spring...lol...lol.:bubbrub:

ROK

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sure its ok, ive tried going 1st to 6th with gas pushed hard on 6th and rmps bogged as soon as i let off the clutch, i tried flooring it up a steep hill in first and no slipping, havent tried the 1st to 4th stall out, i will shortly, but i just think that he wore down the clutch a bit, and im just not used to it. thanks for all of the ideas, its putting me a little bit more at ease!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts