LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promise you guys that I am doing everything in my power to have the car together and ready to race for this event.

My custom pistons built by Diamond were lost by UPS after 10wks of waiting for them to build and ship. So now Diamond has agreed to expedite a fresh new set and should have them to me next week. The motor can't go to the machine shop without the pistons, so we are in a holding pattern. My custom valves that I had made are still not here, but should be soon.

And of course the car is still at the body shop, almost all the body work is done now and once he finishes fitting the shitty DMS Cowl Hood it will be ready for paint.

So yes I am trying to get this event. I really wanna come out and race with all the heavy hitters on the East Coast. But I am also not willing to rush everything, slap it all together and race just to race. I have to get to the track to get some test passes on it before I come up there, because my tuner can't travel with me and the car needs to be dialed in a bit more than it was!

My fingers are crossed and I am doing everything I possibly can to make it to this event!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I promise you guys that I am doing everything in my power to have the car together and ready to race for this event.

My custom pistons built by Diamond were lost by UPS after 10wks of waiting for them to build and ship. So now Diamond has agreed to expedite a fresh new set and should have them to me next week. The motor can't go to the machine shop without the pistons, so we are in a holding pattern. My custom valves that I had made are still not here, but should be soon.

And of course the car is still at the body shop, almost all the body work is done now and once he finishes fitting the shitty DMS Cowl Hood it will be ready for paint.

So yes I am trying to get this event. I really wanna come out and race with all the heavy hitters on the East Coast. But I am also not willing to rush everything, slap it all together and race just to race. I have to get to the track to get some test passes on it before I come up there, because my tuner can't travel with me and the car needs to be dialed in a bit more than it was!

My fingers are crossed and I am doing everything I possibly can to make it to this event!
Man dont rush it,just make sure your here nov 14th:turbonaug

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
It would be great if you could make it! But +2 on the don't rush it.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said we will NOT rush no matter the circumstances. My TH400 is being pulled apart today so we can rebuild it along with slapping in another converter to give a try.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Like I said we will NOT rush no matter the circumstances. My TH400 is being pulled apart today so we can rebuild it along with slapping in another converter to give a try.
Your car is the Frankenstein of GTOs . . . Always under the knife LOL.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your car is the Frankenstein of GTOs . . . Always under the knife LOL.
I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I am never satisfied. I want to go faster and probably always will! haha

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pistons should be here this week and we found a company willing to make the custom valves I wanted and they should be here by Monday or Tuesday next week! I will be cutting it close but I'm trying.

The plan is get the car together by Nov 9th Test n Tune at our local 1/8 mile track that Wed then on Thursday Test n Tune at Bradenton (1 hr away) Then load up and head to Darlington first thing Friday!

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Sounds like things are starting to work out for you, good luck!

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Pistons should be here this week and we found a company willing to make the custom valves I wanted and they should be here by Monday or Tuesday next week! I will be cutting it close but I'm trying.

The plan is get the car together by Nov 9th Test n Tune at our local 1/8 mile track that Wed then on Thursday Test n Tune at Bradenton (1 hr away) Then load up and head to Darlington first thing Friday!
Don't sweat it if you can't make it. I'm sure I can buy a nice steak with your $35 if you don't come. LOL

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about all the people who don't make it you put there cash in a pot and give it to teh winner of the Quick 8!? Which will probably be you anyways but that would be sweet! haha

·
8 second club
2,352 Posts
That is my vice!! I am personally pulling for ya to make it!! Good luck with it.
Everyone is pulling for you to make it!

We want to see you there.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
How about all the people who don't make it you put there cash in a pot and give it to teh winner of the Quick 8!? Which will probably be you anyways but that would be sweet! haha

no give it to the poor bastard that runs out of gas .:cents:

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK... We have ALL the parts to put the motor back together and she is at the machine shop for some work, It will be back at the shop to go together by Monday/Tuesday and then back to the machine shop Wed for balancing.

Absolute worst case scenario is me bringing a car that is basically scuffed up ready for paint. The guys at the body shop are hoping to have it done, but they know I need it back no matter what.

I WILL BE THERE!!!

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BTW...
Well we decided to squeeze a 315/60/15 Drag Radial under my GTO. With the minitubs and SRA conversion there is plenty of room from side to side. But the 30" tall tire is a bit much for the wheel well, so we trimmed the rear bumper by about 1/2" - 3/4" and have plenty of clearance now.

Here are the pictures of the car at the body shop as it is getting closer to paint!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts