LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
A couple of things that need to be clarified-

1- The new rule regarding a readable ID card in all pics applies to ALL FS posts, both new and pre-existing. There is no "grandfathering" or magic cutoff date. If you have a thread in here and want it to remain active, you MUST update your pics with new ones. It doesn't matter how old the thread is, if you bring it back up and we see no ID in the pics it's gone.
2- Newly posted threads must have proper pics from the beginning. No "I'll get pics up later". If the pics aren't ready don't bother posting because we'll delete it.
3- Common sense should dictate this one but I have to mention it having seen everyone's pics- if the pic is fuzzy and the item and/or ID card is hard to see clearly, DON'T USE IT! Take new ones that are clear and readable.
4- Finally a word about pic size. Yes the forum software does automatically resize larger pics, but it only does so AFTER the pic has loaded. So if someone with a less-than-stellar connection clicks on your thread and you have huge pics, they may give up and click away before it loads and resizes. This may cost you potential sales so it's in your best interest to size your pics reasonably.

·
Administrator
7,988 Posts
We have been pretty generous in giving people 24 hours to update their thread with pictures that comply with the rules. Effective immediately, due to some recently reported scams, there will be no leniency on this rule. If we spot a for sale ad with no pictures, pictures with no sig card, or pictures with a sig card that can not be easily read, it will be deleted immediately and an infraction given.

This rule, in regards to the sig card, has been in effect for almost a year now. As a member, you are expected to read and understand all the rules prior to posting a for sale thread. Ignorance after this long is no longer acceptable.

·
Super Moderator
9,801 Posts
Just a reminder.

ALL pictures must contain an ID card consisting of a piece of paper either legibly hand written or computer made. If you you use a computer to make an ID card it must be plainly visible that there is a piece of paper in the picture and not some photoshop job. NO use of Photoshop or MS Paint to add info into a picture will be allowed. ID cards need to have the following, username and date. I also prefer to add ls1gto.com on there. This is not hard people.

I have seen a lot of members lately thinking they can get away with not using an ID card in all pictures. This has been a rule for a long time.

As SkiPopeye said several years ago, we have continued to be very generous with letting people fix things before a thread gets deleted. Especially part out threads.

I didn't make the rules, but please abide by them. Sometimes the FS section can be a full time job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Mr. Black
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing