LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any local places in the DMV area that does reputable work on our cars? Looking to get front/rear springs, front/rear shocks and struts, and strut mounts installed but don't wanna get racked over the coals. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I would get the parts you want/need and have any mechanical shop in your area do the install. Maryland Speed sells the parts and they now do installs and are not to far from you.
Shop I use is in Beltsville and that might farther than you want to go.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was gonna head down to Broadview in Warrenton and have John do it, still waiting on a quote from them. Beltsville isn't far at all. Especially if they do good work at a good price.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Ummmmm.... Have you thought of doing this yourself or finding someone on here that would help you? Springs/Struts/ is pretty straight forward. You would just need to take it somewhere and get it aligned after the install. I have everything we would need to do the install in my garage... along with a torpedo heater. :)

I did my springs/struts w/ Koni inserts a couple years ago. This included gutting the original strut and modding it for the Koni.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely thought about the idea of doing things myself. I'm a jet engine mechanic in the force so I'm pretty decent mechanically. However, I live in in DC so I have no tools, and no space in a parking garage. I may take you up on that offer to use your garage. Maybe you have some friends and we could get a mini mod day going on!?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Post a date if you pursue GGGGoat's offer. I'm up for getting hands dirty.

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
I can do it. Located in Bulter, MD.

No heater; would have to wait till it warms up.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
I'm prior AF as well! What's this weekend look like for everyone? We can have a car mod, beer and pizza day! :)

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Would Sat or Sun work better? Looks like cold but no precipitation until Sunday evening... for now that is.

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
PM me address. I might drive the Monaro out.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Sat preferred, but AllRyse is the long pole in the tent.
I haven't heard from him since he posted. Someone must have told him about my favorite tool... the "Hammer Saw". :)

PM me address. I might drive the Monaro out.
I'm thinking we can all get together "just because" if nothing else. Would be nice to see some GTO's and meet some other members!

914 S Wieker Road
Severn, MD 21144

The GGGGOAT stays locked in the garage, so don't even think about it. Oh, and you would need to get past these two "horses" as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lol, I'd be up for whatever...but you have to at least let me see GGGGOAT...

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
Man, sorry OP, I think I totally thread jacked your post!

If you're still up for doing your struts/springs, just let me know. Would be happy to help!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd be in for something like this. Original owner in Glen Burnie, she's 11 this year with 55K and I just did struts, suspension bits in November-December in my driveway.

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
I definitely thought about the idea of doing things myself. I'm a jet engine mechanic in the force so I'm pretty decent mechanically. However, I live in in DC so I have no tools, and no space in a parking garage. I may take you up on that offer to use your garage. Maybe you have some friends and we could get a mini mod day going on!?
Where are you stationed? The base should have an auto hobby shop that you can use to do the install.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts