LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have a sap rear bumper for sale I got rear ended pretty good a little over a month ago and I fought the insurance company and the let me fix the car without a salvage title I got everything else besides the back bumper cover so if anyone has any info please let me know and closer to northeast Ohio the better thanks in advance!!!

·
Living the dream!
4,835 Posts
Ouch!
I looked on ebay for an SAP rear bumper, but no dice. I guess craigslist or someone like FParts or Cleveland Pick-a-Part will be the next things I'd try.

Just out of curiosity;
Did the insurance give you any money towards that, or did they wipe their hands clean since it did not get salvaged?
*Not wanting to know how $-much-$ they gave you, just IF they gave you anything at all...?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my rear quarter from Cleveland power and performance and they didn’t have one I didn’t check any the other pick a parts just yet and yes they did with no salvage title either I honestly have a really good insurance company luckily because the guy that hit me had no insurance at all i just can’t find a bumper at all I just don’t want to get screwed over and pay over 2k for a bumper just because I need it I’m going threw hell as it is to get parts and it wasn’t even my fault the guy was on his phone

·
Worthless reject member
46,847 Posts
I hope you got the whole quarter section of the car, and not just the outer sheetmetal. I got hit like that once about 11-12 years ago, and they had to replace a LOT ot stuff.

It was 10k damage back then.

With as rare as some genuine SAP parts are... good luck.

·
2005 MBM GTO
90 Posts
I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have a sap rear bumper for sale I got rear ended pretty good a little over a month ago and I fought the insurance company and the let me fix the car without a salvage title I got everything else besides the back bumper cover so if anyone has any info please let me know and closer to northeast Ohio the better thanks in advance!!! View attachment 499223
I have lived in fear of someday experiencing damage to my SAP rear bumper knowing they are impossible to find. That’s why I kept my original 2005 rear bumper, wrapped and protected in my basement for the last 15 years! My recommendation is to forget the SAP bumper and settle for a standard 05/06 rear bumper. I saw two on EBay. Both needed the lower valence insert, but they are widely available. Repaint both the bumper cover and the insert cyclone gray, and the look will be unique and close enough to SAP!

·
Administrator
8,743 Posts
I know of a brand new QSM one, but you're going to need to shell out over $2k for it. PM me if you're interested and I'll put you in contact with the owner.

I have a standard 05-06 bumper without the lower valence in my shed I'd let go for $150. It was tapped by a car at some point, so has some indents from the license plate on the car that bumped it. Easily fixable since you'd need to repaint the bumper anyway.

Reactions: ValleyGoat

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know it’s a long shot but does anyone have a sap rear bumper for sale I got rear ended pretty good a little over a month ago and I fought the insurance company and the let me fix the car without a salvage title I got everything else besides the back bumper cover so if anyone has any info please let me know and closer to northeast Ohio the better thanks in advance!!! View attachment 499223
There is a man in AL who parts out GTO wrecks that is a pretty good bet, I got a cover, deck lid, insert and spoiler for 200. Search lastofthebreed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts