LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best deal I can get with this certificate for a 2004? Would it be 1% below invoice then take the $3500. If so, Pulse Red here I come. :)

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
can you explain what that certificate IS?

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMS Discount certificate.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Based on readings on other boards, The GM In The Driveway program certificates allow the holders to buy a the GM Supplier Price. Supplier price is 4.5% above the Employee price (GMS). Depending on the dealers advertising assesment levels, the Driveway price would be above base invoice cost but could be under actual invoice cost.

Then if you finance/lease through GMAC you should bet the GMAC Finance/Lease Bonus of $3,500.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The suppliers discount will be there next year as well. GM has had the discount for years. If you register for a certificate today it expires around Feb 8th 05. www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. It knocks off alittle more than $2000.00 of the price of a 04. Plus the discount will also be available on the 05 so dealerships wont be able to mark the price up, and they have to honor the discount. That is what i am going to use on the 05 i am going to purchase

·
Registered
600 Posts
Davjefdunn said:
If you register for a certificate today it expires around Feb 8th 05.

It knocks off alittle more than $2000.00 of the price of a 04.
Ok good info. So it look slike the program may issue certificates until the end on the year, but the certificates will have a future experiation date on them. Am I interpreting the info correctly?

Also did a search here, and found a recent post from someone at a dealership that said the driveway price on a 2004 Auto was $31,609.19 or just under $1,900 off MSRP.

And it someone is looking for one, try doing a search on "GMS" to find the GM Employees on the board and ask them if they could get you one.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Davjefdunn said:
The suppliers discount will be there next year as well. GM has had the discount for years. If you register for a certificate today it expires around Feb 8th 05. www.gmsupplierdiscount.com. It knocks off alittle more than $2000.00 of the price of a 04. Plus the discount will also be available on the 05 so dealerships wont be able to mark the price up, and they have to honor the discount. That is what i am going to use on the 05 i am going to purchase
Do you think we will actually see '05s here before Feb 8th?

And ydtrack, you will need to be a GM supplier or a friend of one to get the certificate.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
incidently, what IS the supplier discount? Is it $ off the invoice price? Is it $ off retail? Is it combinable with other discounts? I work for a GM supplier and negotiated by GTO w/o a supplier discount (didn't know about it) -- did I totally screw up? I got the car for absolute invoice - $4500. Could I have done better with my GMS certificate?

·
Registered
600 Posts
RedThunder said:
incidently, what IS the supplier discount? Is it $ off the invoice price? Is it $ off retail? Is it combinable with other discounts? I work for a GM supplier and negotiated by GTO w/o a supplier discount -- did I totally screw up?
The GM Supplier purchase program is just a predetermined price of the car. It will be printed on the cars invoice, so there is no need to haggle on the price. It is in and around invoice cost as a general estimate. On occassion GM will add additional bonuses to buyers that qualify, but I have seen any internet posts about these in a long. long while. The supplier price also requires a special GM card if you are using GM card earnings. This will cancel out any possible savings for some buyers.

I bet you didn't totally screw up. Sure you got a price to feel good about and enjoy the car.

Edit (after your edit). Looks like the dealer gave you $1,000 above the GMAC bonus amount. If these were the value certificates that some dealers had during September, they would not have worked with the supplier price. SO you got a better deal the way you went.

·
Registered
29 Posts
RedThunder said:
incidently, what IS the supplier discount? Is it $ off the invoice price? Is it $ off retail? Is it combinable with other discounts? I work for a GM supplier and negotiated by GTO w/o a supplier discount (didn't know about it) -- did I totally screw up? I got the car for absolute invoice - $4500. Could I have done better with my GMS certificate?

Yes, other incentives can be combined with the suppliers discount. And for the person who asked if we would see the 05 GTO's beofer feb 8, this is what a pontiac rep. emailed me the other day about the 05 and possible incentives connected with them. I was trying to figure out whether i should get the 04 or the 05. The Pontiac rep gives me advice on which one.

Dear Mr. Dunn,

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2005 Pontiac
GTO! This vehicle could be at dealerships in approximately December 2004.
Please stay in touch with your preferred dealership for updates on delivery
because we do not have specific dates as yet. The vehicle is shipped from
Australia.

Incentives are only available to us on the day announced to the general
public. Again, we strongly suggest keeping in contact with your Pontiac
dealership for eligibility and the most up to date information as it becomes
available. It is correct that new Models may not have incentives when these
vehicles are first on the market.

Go with the 2005 Pontiac GTO for performance with the LS2 6.0L V8 SFI aluminum
(400 HP @ 5200 rpm, 395 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm), G80 Limited slip differential
Power, rack-and-pinion steering independent rear sport suspension , traction
control with on/off switch , and 4-speed automatic transmission, electronically
controlled with overdrive, or 6-speed manual transmission (available). To
obtain more information regarding the 2005 Pontiac GTO, please visit www.
pontiac.com or contact your preferred dealership.

You may also visit www.gmbuypower.com to search dealership inventory, build
your own vehicle, or view vehicle options.

We hope that this information answers your questions. If you need additional
information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by
calling Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00 AM-11: 00 PM Eastern Time,
seven days a week. Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Ann McManamee
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Miss-our-GTO said:
The GM Supplier purchase program is just a predetermined price of the car. It will be printed on the cars invoice, so there is no need to haggle on the price. It is in and around invoice cost as a general estimate. On occassion GM will add additional bonuses to buyers that qualify, but I have seen any internet posts about these in a long. long while. The supplier price also requires a special GM card if you are using GM card earnings. This will cancel out any possible savings for some buyers.

I bet you didn't totally screw up. Sure you got a price to feel good about and enjoy the car.

Edit (after your edit). Looks like the dealer gave you $1,000 above the GMAC bonus amount. If these were the value certificates that some dealers had during September, they would not have worked with the supplier price. SO you got a better deal the way you went.

So you are sating I can't use my GM credit card earnings in combination with this certificate? :(

·
Registered
600 Posts
[QUOTE='91 Formula]So you are sating I can't use my GM credit card earnings in combination with this certificate? :([/QUOTE]

No. The post you hit reply to wasn't talking about the Driveway Certificate, it was a question about the GM Supplier Program. The Driveway Certificate can be combined with any type of GM Card. Threads get confussing when the subject changes midstream.

·
...and former GTO owner.
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wheew, you had me scared there for a minute. Thanks Miss-our-GTO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Call me!

[QUOTE='91 Formula]What is the best deal I can get with this certificate for a 2004? Would it be 1% below invoice then take the $3500. If so, Pulse Red here I come. :)[/QUOTE]

91 Formula, call me I can help you out! Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Miss-our-GTO said:
No. The post you hit reply to wasn't talking about the Driveway Certificate, it was a question about the GM Supplier Program. The Driveway Certificate can be combined with any type of GM Card. Threads get confussing when the subject changes midstream.
I WAS TOLD NO - Gm In the Driveway and GM Card do not mesh. The only exception if the "Extended Family Card."

·
Registered
600 Posts
Closer_2001 said:
I WAS TOLD NO - Gm In the Driveway and GM Card do not mesh. The only exception if the "Extended Family Card."
Who told you this incorrect piece of infomation? The In the Driveway Certificate allows "Supplier" pricing, it is not the "Supplier" program.

Follow the links from http://www.gminthedriveway.com to http://www.gmfamilyfirst.com , then click on the FAQs on top, when they open check out the answer to "Are GM Card Earnings Usable with the In The Driveway Certificate" (or however it is stated).

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I can personally vouch for the Driveway certificate being combine-able with the normal GM card, as I gave my sister $1750 in GM Card dollars when she bought her Trailblazer using the Driveway program.

My mother-in-law is a GM retiree, and can get I believe 2 driveway certificates per month. If anyone is interested in one free (it's against the rules to take money or barter for them), just send me a PM with your DOB, last 4 digits of SSN, and your email address (all things requested by GM - I'll delete the message after creating the certificate and emailing it to you).

--Robert

1 - 20 of 49 Posts