LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Misplaced Yooper!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the rear seat back rest? I have the seat cushions removed. I will be putting in the SSMB8 in the rear deck. I've been taking pictures along the way, first time stereo install, now I know why people pay to have it done.

Another question: I have two amps a 4 channel and a 2 channel and neither has any wiring with it. What wires do I need to make it all happen? I will be running to Circuit City or Best Buy later today when it comes time to hook all the wires up.

Thanks guys!

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Yellow_Goat said:
How do you remove the rear seat back rest? I have the seat cushions removed. I will be putting in the SSMB8 in the rear deck. I've been taking pictures along the way, first time stereo install, now I know why people pay to have it done.

Another question: I have two amps a 4 channel and a 2 channel and neither has any wiring with it. What wires do I need to make it all happen? I will be running to Circuit City or Best Buy later today when it comes time to hook all the wires up.

Thanks guys!
The backrest should have 2 bolts that hold it in. They are at the bottom. I believe they are 13mm. Once you get those out, pull the whole thing up, then out.

·
Misplaced Yooper!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. While I was waiting for a reply I went out to the local audio shop and picked up the wires I needed. I will post pics and what not later . . . if I finish today.

Need a break for the cowboy's and eagles game. Prediction the boys 27 eagles 17.

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
hey man! lemme know how those sound as soon as your done. Im really lookin into gettin some but i dont know what kind of sound they give!

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
Yellow_Goat said:

Thanks guys!
as far as wiring goes you will need power wire for them first of all, i'd recommend running say a 4 gauge wire back then splitting the wire using a distribution block between the 2 amps.... if the amps have high level in you can splice the stock speaker wires into the amps for input, otherwise you need a hi/low converter (low level converter) in order to convert your speaker wires to rcas......if you are replacing the stock head unit, then just get a set of rcas and run them to the amps, if your head unit only has one rca output, you can buy a splitter to make one output to 2.... ground the amps seperately to a clean ground.... i would recommend that your ground for the amps is approximately the same gauge as the power wiring to each amp... if you have any further questions as to wiring, feel free to pm me

edit: also forgot that you need the remote wire.... i hooked my remote to a wire on the stock amp, so my aftermarket amp is on whenever the stock hu is on, but you can just run a wire from a 12 volt source, if you end up using low level converters you can get ones that have remote outputs on them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts