LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not be able to purchase the car I want by the end of the month, so I am wondering what the incentives will be for October. Any ideas?

Thanks guys,
Brett

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
Probably the same if not better if the cars haven't moved. I see less cars in my GM Buypower so I think the rebates and dealers wanting to move cars is helping them sell.

I just don't want to see a repeat with the 2005's

·
Registered
629 Posts
If there are still hundreds & hundreds of cars on dealer lots, absolutely there will be rebates. The last 800 pulse red cars special edition cars are not even here in U.S. yet. This means probably other color cars yet to arrive too. Go into a dealership on Christmas eve if you can wait, or if you are in snow country, go into dealer during a snowstorm, place will be dead , you can be only person in the place they would rather make a deal then have you walk. My father's lawyer always bought expensive cars this way for way below normal( figures!) Craig

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think there would be. I have been watching my 2 closest Dealers for the last 2 weeks in Northern Ohio. They have sold a few, but they still have 18-20 cars between them. Most have been the same cars sitting there for quite awhile.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
It is just prior to October, but the dealer in my town is offering the following deals September 27-29, 2004:
0% for 72 months or $3,500 rebate if financed through GMAC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just had a salesperson who actually seems knowledgeable tell me that she did not think the incentives would end this month, actually she thought they might increase. Aside from being floored that a salesperson wasn't saying BUYNOWBUYNOWBUYNOWBUYNOW, it might be good news for those of us still holding out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
she has no idea what the rebates are going to do. She is just guessing. I am a salesman at a gm store, and they have not given any indication on what the rebates are going to do. They might carry over the certificates, but that is just rumor

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
gmsgto said:
she has no idea what the rebates are going to do. She is just guessing. I am a salesmanager at a gm store, and they have not given any indication on what the rebates are going to do. They might carry over the certificates, but that is just rumor

And what are you selling GTO's at now, before the rebates?

Invoice? Below invoice? GMS? STICKER?

·
Registered
104 Posts
we are selling them for 300 under invoice then minus the 3500 rebate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
gmsgto said:
she has no idea what the rebates are going to do. She is just guessing. I am a salesmanager at a gm store, and they have not given any indication on what the rebates are going to do. They might carry over the certificates, but that is just rumor
I know, I wasn't trying to make it out like she as an inside source or anything. However, I would trust the guess of a sales manager over a random person, as you and she can see how quickly the stock is disappearing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i know. I wasn't trying to be rude. I hope they come out with something great. The smartbuy program is great right now you can use the 3500 gmac fin. Which makes like a 320 a month payment. not bad for a 33000 car. That is if the dealer will sell for invoice. and make sure that they don't try to hold to many points on interest.

·
QWIK GTO
220 Posts
gmsgto said:
i know. I wasn't trying to be rude. I hope they come out with something great. The smartbuy program is great right now you can use the 3500 gmac fin. Which makes like a 320 a month payment. not bad for a 33000 car. That is if the dealer will sell for invoice. and make sure that they don't try to hold to many points on interest.

What state is your dealership in and what is the actual Invoice price?

The dealer here says it is 31.300 or somewhere around that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
31297.51 is actual invoice of our m6 gto the a4 is higher. Some dealers will be a few hundred cheaper, depending on how much advertising they have on their invoice. Oh yea I am in Southwest Missouri

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in the same boat I am selling for invoice here in NJ. I have 2 special editions comming in soon and I cant see how those would do much better then the ones we have on the showroom floor now.

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Are the incentives going to stay for OCT or will they be adding some?

They should offer 0% with the GMAC offer.

·
What the **** is an internet?
62 Posts
I hope they stay (or increase) b/c I'm gonna go test drive a blue/blue M6 Saturday and I got the dealer talked down to around 26 with the rebate. If so it'll probably be bye bye to the TA.

·
WRX Sack Rider
6 Posts
Just for clarification, and this is going on the September incentives, does the $3500 apply to GMAC SmartLeases? I've had a dealer renege it and say it doesn't apply now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Folkan: It applied to SmartBuy's, so I'd assume it would apply to leases.

Anyone else who works at a dealer: Any news on incentives for this month? GMBuyPower just says to check with your dealer :(

·
What the **** is an internet?
62 Posts
I just emailed the dealer and he said GM hasn't sent them anything yet but he's supposed to email me whenever he finds out today. (fingers crossed)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts