LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent talk about "incentives" and "rebates" on GTO's is there anything like that going on in Australia for the Monaro? Any financing like 0% for 72months like in the USA?

Adam

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
we dont really get those kind of things (incentives and rebates). Holdent doesnt really need it for the monaro or most of thier cars (apart from fleet), since they sell all of them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
White Rider said:
With all the recent talk about "incentives" and "rebates" on GTO's is there anything like that going on in Australia for the Monaro? Any financing like 0% for 72months like in the USA?

Adam
Not often. Here though, the recommended retail price is more of a maximum price you pay. Dealers charging above recommended retail is pretty much unheard of, and the expectation is that you should walk away paying something less than recommended retail: often a lot less.

·
Registered
347 Posts
we also get the end of model run out where the regular retail price is lowered to help clear the lots and the old stock for the new model.

·
Registered
522 Posts
They offered $4000 of fuel for runout '04 Commodores in August. That's been the biggest for a while.

The Monaro has been down to about $50KOz + onroad costs which can be up to $5K depending on state. There's virtually no new '04s left according to car finders over here.

That's as good as it gets except for demos (if you can find a Monaro demo - not usually). Holden has been careful never to flood the market with Monaros.

Good in one way, once you own one, resale is maintained. After two years it's still about 75-80% of new car price. Out of warranty Monaros are still worth >70% $new due to cult status, low numbers made.

Buyers in Oz usually equate rebates = company in trouble, problem car, not selling for some reason, it'll be worth nothing when I go to sell. Ideal example, current Mitsubishi products.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi There

The Australian car industry has never seen 0% finanicing on cars, i only wish, with my car, i got 7.85% fixed for 5 year, which is one of the besy aroung, and as for incentives, only the $4000 fuel off at the runout stage of the commodores and thats about it really, i wish we has some of your incetives here!

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts