LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cruising along on the freeway doing 70 at around midnight. I see an Infiniti G35 coupe racing up from behind me. The guy pulls along side and looks over and revs his engine. I looked over at him and shook my head, turned off the traction control, and then floored it. I was up to 115 before I knew it, and had opened up several car-lengths distance. I slowed down to about 95 and let him pull even, then hit it again just to make my point. I opened up about a 15-20 car length lead, got up to about 125, and then slowed back to 70, not wanting to further risk a SERIOUS speeding ticket.

The G35 driver must have been an amateur, because he should have been able to stay closer than that.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Grown Man said:
I'm cruising along on the freeway doing 70 at around midnight. I see an Infiniti G35 coupe racing up from behind me. The guy pulls along side and looks over and revs his engine. I looked over at him and shook my head, turned off the traction control, and then floored it. I was up to 115 before I knew it, and had opened up several car-lengths distance.
Believable.

Grown Man said:
I slowed down to about 95 and let him pull even, then hit it again just to make my point. I opened up about a 15-20 car length lead, got up to about 125, and then slowed back to 70, not wanting to further risk a SERIOUS speeding ticket.
Unbelievable. He must not have been racing this time, and maybe hit his brakes as well. Do you know how far 15-20 lengths is? he'd be like 200ft back :eek2: Okay, he probably didn't hit his brakes, but just kept going normal. He might've just wanted to linger back and hear that characteristic GTO growl a second time ;)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Could just be that the thought of a ticket occurred to him a bit sooner. G35 is not quite as intoxicating, allowing rational thought to return in a timely manner. :drink:

·
Step into the Torque
190 Posts
Maybe this can answer the age old question, "should I get a GTO or a G35?" :gr_jest:

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
I'M MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS cruising along on the freeway doing 70 at around midnight....

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
midnight in socal on the freeway at 70 is common.....in the slow lane.....

Nice Kill..

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
GTO4Ever said:
midnight in socal on the freeway at 70 is common.....in the slow lane.....

Nice Kill..
It's about the ONLY time you can hit 70 anywhere close to Los Angeles! :hail:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts