1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Jim and asked him some questions and this is his reply:

Bruce,

It's my understanding that the next ship is scheduled to leave Australia
with about 1,500 GTOs on or around February 20.

The event codes are:

Event Code Description
3450 Vehicle produced and held at port in Australia
3550 Loaded onto ship (on the water)
3750 Arrived at U.S. port
3800 Produced at port (quality processing complete)
4000 Released to carrier (trains, trucks, etc.)
5000 Delivered to dealer (on dealer lot)

Hope this helps.

Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dear 4th Excellent information. You have a bead on the next ship (too bad they are taking so long) and the clearest explanation of event codes that I have seen to date!
Does anyone know how long it takes the ship to get to California? We can figure a reasonable arrival from there. Who is Jim Hopson?

On order Yellow Jacket M6 status 3450

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
gto2go said:
Does anyone know how long it takes the ship to get to California? We can figure a reasonable arrival from there.
It takes about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to make it to Benicia California. I believe you meant to state that "We can figure an Unreasonable arrival from there." It can take up to two months from what we have seen. I had a car that arrived in Benicia on December 17. According to GM it is still there.
:drink:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Tails said:
It takes about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to make it to Benicia California. I believe you meant to state that "We can figure an Unreasonable arrival from there." It can take up to two months from what we have seen. I had a car that arrived in Benicia on December 17. According to GM it is still there.
I checked my car out today. Noticed it was built Nov. 03. Arrived at the dealer Jan. 27, 04. Seems within the 60 - 90 days. Just lucky I guess. :p

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
GTOME said:
I checked my car out today. Noticed it was built Nov. 03. Arrived at the dealer Jan. 27, 04. Seems within the 60 - 90 days. Just lucky I guess. :p
I hope I am that lucky. I have a TPW of Nov 4. I live in Delaware. I was told by my sales person the cars going to the northeast go to Philly first. My sales person was off today so I hope mine is in. He has been saying any day now.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
GTOME said:
I Hope yours gets there soon. these things are much more awesome in real life. I just wish I could have driven it today. It's the first from this dealer ship and they are the only pontiac dealer in my county. I haven't seen one on the road yet.

I am in the same boat as you. My Dealer is the only one in the county as well. I have not see one around here yet. We did not get that much snow. Only about 8 inchs. I know you guys got hit hard.

Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gto2go,

Jim Hopson is in charge of Pontiac-GMC Communication. He has been extremely helpful to us with his info. If everybody was as helpful as Jim is, we would be alot better informed!
Again, thanks Jim for all your info! :thumbs:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Tails said:
My car was built day after Tails. Still no sign of it. Car built same day as mine was delivered to a guy few miles from me last week. Spoke with dealer today. He has no clue-no surprise. Am in a race with Tails. I think ours were on same ship. And he is only 2500 miles closer to the port. :slap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts