LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my predator, i have been playing around with the factory tune, changing injector slope making it smaller in proportion to the % of ltft's to zero them out as some here have done. I have also added fuel under WOT by an equal amount. My o2's are looking good (?) at 0.875 volts.

The car responds very well to this, and my KR is pretty much zero under load in 5th and 6th which is good. But what i don't understand is what exactly does the injector slope setting do? when you adjust the setting to smaller (negative number) is it metering more fuel in overall as if using a smaller injector size than stock enriching the fuel or is it the other way around? As a smaller injector would require, setting injector slope to smaller would make the injector open and close slower, but would actually be letting more fuel in using the stock injector in this case? i don't seem to understand this very well- if anyone can help me i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok... no responses...

my question, simplified hopefully-

Can anyone describe exactly what injector slope is and in what way does it affect fuel when adjusting it on a predator tuner?

i have done searches all over this forum, and found nothing on exactly what injector slope is- but found a ton of stuff on what other things it affects and what it is used for.

thanks-

·
MYREDGTO
85 Posts
I asked the same question on here a year ago and got no response. I finally ended up e-mailing James at RTWTD for an explaination.

It has to do with the "rolloff" (so to speak) of the injector. Changing slope changes the start time, build up of, maximum flow of and slowing down of fuel out of the injector orfice. Picture changint the torque curve on a Dyno Chart.....it's the same type of thing, but is a "fuel curve".

Also -- google it. You'll find a lot more info...especially in some Mustang Forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts