LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use HP Tuners. Can anyone tell me what value I need to look at to see my injector utilization (80%, 90%, etc.)? I am running 42lb injectors, and I want to verify I'm not hitting a limit with the injectors.

·
burnout silver star award :)
2,166 Posts
look at your fuel map and the number is your percent i believe. in your scan tool i believe there is also a duty cycle gauge.

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
Injector duty cycle.
Less than 80% max is ideal.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steel Chicken said:
Injector duty cycle.
Sorry to seem so dumb here, but is that under Sensor or PID? Any specific category? Under Fuel System, Injectors, I see Pulse Width, but not duty cycle.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
it should be under the default setting, INJ Duty (%)
Mines under user defined for some reason.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steel Chicken said:
it should be under the default setting, INJ Duty (%)
Mines under user defined for some reason.
Got it.

PID List, User Defined, Injector Duty Cycle (%).

Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lanceygto said:
What pulse width do you see?
INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 1 (msec)
and
INJ. Pulse Width Avg. Bank 2 (msec)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steel Chicken said:
Injector duty cycle.
So if I'm consistently hitting 94 to 96 % injector duty at WOT, I should be considering bigger injectors, correct? I have 42lb injectors now. What's the next step up? Can you put in injectors that are too large?

·
2,166 Posts
looks like 60 lbers are next for you.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Muff Daddy said:
looks like 60 lbers are next for you.
And I was just sitting here, thinking "I wish I had something to buy for the goat. I really need to spend some more money.". :)

·
2,166 Posts
lol i believe there are some in the for sale section.

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
yeppers.
Im at 80% exactly....which is fine, but im also at altitude, so if I go down to sea level, it might be time for 60's for me too

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if I swap out the injectors, is a re-tune necessary?

Also, if I'm running the 42lb injectors that came with the maggie, will the Mototron 60lb injectors be an exact replacement, or will I need adapters or make other adjustments (reading about in other threads).

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
you should retune ASAP, but the car will prolly run with the new injectors. just go easy on it till the tune.

·
Administrator
20,427 Posts
lanceygto said:
I have had the same concern for a few days now and talked to several knowledgeable guys including my tuner as well as Bottlefed from this forum. Both my tuner and Bottlefed have had extensive experience doing this. Concensus is that there is no need to upgrade them injectors. I am told and I also read that you can be more consistent and precise working with the 42 lbs injectora than working with the 60 lbs injectors with a much shorter pulse width. In other words since the smaller injectors stay open longer then a time variation is less critical than with an injector that stays open for much a shorter time.

I have seen different opinions as well but for now I will stick with what my tuner has to say as my goals are not that ambitious.
BTW I do not see your pulse width values.
im not sure if you are talking about YOU or talking about sdgoat.

sdgoat does need new injectors:
sdgoat said:
So if I'm consistently hitting 94 to 96 % injector duty at WOT, I should be considering bigger injectors, correct? I have 42lb injectors now. What's the next step up? Can you put in injectors that are too large?
and yes, while bigger injectors are slightly more difficult to tune because of the minimum pulse width issue, they can be made to idle and part-throttle just fine, with some extra TLC.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lanceygto said:
I do not see the times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At WOT, it looks like they're sitting at 18.0 +/- .2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts