LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like input on whether anyone is interested in custom GTO color matched emblems for their cars. These emblems will be like the logos on our mats where the black areas are color matched to the paint color of your car (Torrid Red, Impulse Blue, etc.). The silver areas of the emblem would remain silver. We need to know if there is sufficient interest to justify making them.

Thanks,

Alan

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTOdriver7 said:
yes i am confused about these emblems as well. estimate price??
These would be the GTO shield emblems on the fender. The color would be substituted for the area that is normally black, as we do on our floor mats. The price is expected to be around $30 per emblem.

Alan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
These would be the GTO shield emblems on the fender. The color would be substituted for the area that is normally black, as we do on our floor mats. The price is expected to be around $30 per emblem.

Alan
so if we have phantom black, then how different would they look compared to factory?

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I haven't seen what you do for Cosmos, and am wondering if you are even going to do anything for the colors being dropped in 05???

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Emblems

GTOdriver7 said:
so if we have phantom black, then how different would they look compared to factory?
If you match to your paint, no difference. But if you wanted it to match your red interior, then the black portion of the emblem would be that color red.

Alan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
If you match to your paint, no difference. But if you wanted it to match your red interior, then the black portion of the emblem would be that color red.

Alan
now that might look REALLY GOOD. ok now im interested

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Huntress said:
I haven't seen what you do for Cosmos, and am wondering if you are even going to do anything for the colors being dropped in 05???
For the Cosmos cars, we do the GTO with a matching thread that can be substituted for the black thread. Its probably helpful to visit the floor mat portion of our website and see what we've done with other colors. The effect is very neat and distinguishing. We have no plans to not offer our products available for 04 only colors.

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd like to see a photoshopped pic of this to get an idea what it would look like. The red on the black exterior badge would be a good example.

Even so, I'd be interested in it for when I get my car.

-Chris

·
2,137 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
For the Cosmos cars, we do the GTO with a matching thread that can be substituted for the black thread. Its probably helpful to visit the floor mat portion of our website and see what we've done with other colors. The effect is very neat and distinguishing. We have no plans to not offer our products available for 04 only colors.

Thanks,

Alan
I did visit your site, but there wasn't explicit examples for Cosmos, and the thread guide did not have a purple... a maroon was the closest I saw. So I didn't go much farther with it. I would love a set of mats, but want them in purple thread. Let me know if I am not understanding something or seeing the color wrong. It is hard to buy something like that, sight unseen.

Thank you!!!

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
It would be matched to your leather color.

Alan
Ah! That makes sense, then. Don't think I want to touch the outside of the car, though.

FWIW

·
2,137 Posts
gto_in_nc said:
Ah! That makes sense, then. I would be interested, personally, but not until after the original mats are trashed...

FWIW
This thread isn't about mats... it's about replacement EMBLEMS :D

Think about red GTO 5.7 emblems on your car... would look sweet!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Huntress said:

exactly what i was thinking. the red on black is a KILLER look :)

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Huntress said:
I did visit your site, but there wasn't explicit examples for Cosmos, and the thread guide did not have a purple... a maroon was the closest I saw. So I didn't go much farther with it. I would love a set of mats, but want them in purple thread. Let me know if I am not understanding something or seeing the color wrong. It is hard to buy something like that, sight unseen.

Thank you!!!
You are correct that no samples of the Cosmos logos or thread are pictured. We only have up pictures of our most popular thread colors. In fact, we have 400 thread colors. We matched the Cosmos paint, and all others, by taking our thread chart to the dealer and performing an onsite match. I wish I had a picture of a set of mats with a Cosmos GTO logo, but no one has ordered and provided a picture of such a set yet.

You could be first!!!!

Alan

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Huntress said:

Correct....this is about EMBLEMS like already on your fenders, but with the black portions color matched to either your paint or interior. The Red/Black would be an awesome look.

Alan

·
2,137 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
You are correct that no samples of the Cosmos logos or thread are pictured. We only have up pictures of our most popular thread colors. In fact, we have 400 thread colors. We matched the Cosmos paint, and all others, by taking our thread chart to the dealer and performing an onsite match. I wish I had a picture of a set of mats with a Cosmos GTO logo, but no one has ordered and provided a picture of such a set yet.

You could be first!!!!

Alan
Why yes I could :D

And you would get photos...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts