LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 gto that has never been eaten in let alone smoked in. This past weekend I noticed a cloudy film on the windows. I have non-ammonia based window cleaner that just seemed like it smeared it around. I havent tried using windex or anything yet.

Can anyone explain what or where it is coming from? and what will take it off?

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
This is normal with all vehicles when they are new, it's the plastics and other materials in the interior outgassing VOC's (volatile organic compounds). In the first several months of the car's life it will be the worst, after that it should lessen.
A good glass cleaner should remove it. I use Stoner Invisible Glass with newspaper, works well to clean the glass inside and out.
If the film is heavy you will need to go over it a few times to get rid of it completely, and while the car is new you may need to repeat the process often.

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
+ 1 on the Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner. It's probably the best on the market. Although I use a special window cleaning towel to wipe the windows down.

·
Slower traffic keep RIGHT
896 Posts
My dad got me using sprayway. It is by far the best I've ever used. And I've noticed the autoglass places, detailers, and dealerships all use it. Leave it to the old man for good car info.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sprayaway here also!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts