LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Shooting Wide Open
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

Just got my JHP Gauge Pod delivered to work today, and I am hopefully getting it installed in my 06 tomorrow. I have a 03/06 date on my GTO so I have the new harness that JHP provides for the guys like me that need it.

It involves soldering and splicing three wires into the back of the instrument cluster and then feeding the new harness into the spot that the original one sat and just clipping it into the new pod. If i was not so bad at electrical stuff, I would do it myself. ;)

Here are a couple of pics I took tonight just to show those that are interested in what the gauge pod looks like outside of the car and close up. It's very well built, and looks great. I can't wait to see it in my GTO!

Hope this helps anyone who might be interested in these pods for the post factory harness 06 GTO. I will update this post when they are installed with pics.

Enjoy
Macro




EDIT: I have the post install pics now to share with all of you. Both late in the day and at night.

The install actually was more difficult than planned, the factory dash console wire colors did not match the info that JHP gave me. The installer I used took 3 hours to figure it all out. I will share all the specifics with you all as well as give the guys at JHP a shout and let them know the details. (just need to get some dinner and run an errand or two. ;)

That said, the gauges work and look great! Thanks JHP!

Enjoy the new pics.

Macro





 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
9,487 Posts
Nice pics, but just an FYI- the voltmeter is slightly out of calibration. The edge of the needle should just touch the bottom of the "8", as the one in the oil gauge just touches the "5". Not a huge deal but the voltmeter will read a bit high, a couple tenths of a volt.
You can forget I said anything and leave it alone, or if you want to fix it the procedure is here-
http://www.jhp.com.au/manuals/Font_upgrade_guide.pdf
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
go to the JHP website. if i remember right i've seen a few colors. i have the freaking monaro version with out the converted base. so i'm screwd unless i spend more money
 

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
jamesbiz said:
go to the JHP website. if i remember right i've seen a few colors. i have the freaking monaro version with out the converted base. so i'm screwd unless i spend more money
Have you asked to return it yet??? All I've seen are your posts talking about screwed.

Macro... those are just so sweet! :D
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
lol do i have that many posts talking about screwed? lol well i've had some weird things happening to me over time. i bought the gauges from someone on ebay. i tried returning it. he said he would figure something out. find someone to convert it. then i couldn't contact him anymore. And it was really hard to contact him after awhile because he was in australia.
 

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
jamesbiz said:
lol do i have that many posts talking about screwed? lol well i've had some weird things happening to me over time. i bought the gauges from someone on ebay. i tried returning it. he said he would figure something out. find someone to convert it. then i couldn't contact him anymore. And it was really hard to contact him after awhile because he was in australia.
Maybe I remembered the post incorrectly, I thought you purchased from JHP. Probably remembering someone else's response within your thread about JHP. Do remember talk about conversion. Yep, you are screwed... :bomb:

Maybe you should sell yours on ebay, and then go buy the JHP.

/end threadjack

Seriously Macro, that is one of the hottest mods you can do, please remember to come back and post pics post install. The quality of your photos is top notch too!
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
i thought about that but i don't want to screw another gto owner. if i can find a way of doing that it clean then i'll try. problem is i paid 350 bucks and that was probably because everyone thought they actually fit the gto like the guy was saying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
those look awesome. Just because of those pics i'm ordering tomorrow.
 

·
Porch Dick
Joined
·
20,343 Posts
Those look awesome....always wanted to put something up there on the dashboard and my Torrid Red is begging for those.
 

·
Forced Introduction
Joined
·
139 Posts
Thank You JHP, I had a bad feeling about that pod, plus wrong color for me.

Thanks for clearing that up.
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
yeah it's people like that which sold me my GTO gauge pod which was actually only a monaro lol don't you aussies know the difference ;)
 

·
Not a winner?
Joined
·
7,438 Posts
if you want to swap in other gauges then it's not worth it for you. there are plenty of other companies making aftermarket gauge pods for this car that will fit what ever gauges you want. The only difference is they will not look stock or light up the same as your gauge cluster.
 

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
Joined
·
8,787 Posts
after wheels , those are next on the list , and like you i got a 03/06

so yay i get to wire a harness into 33,000 dolla car , lol

atleast im good at electrical stuff , shame you arent in az , or id help ya

they look good outta the car
 

·
Shooting Wide Open
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fox Mulder said:
Nice pics, but just an FYI- the voltmeter is slightly out of calibration. The edge of the needle should just touch the bottom of the "8", as the one in the oil gauge just touches the "5". Not a huge deal but the voltmeter will read a bit high, a couple tenths of a volt.
You can forget I said anything and leave it alone, or if you want to fix it the procedure is here-
http://www.jhp.com.au/manuals/Font_upgrade_guide.pdf
Fox Mulder,

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. Might have been the photo angle too.

Macro
 

·
Shooting Wide Open
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
s/c'd cav said:
after wheels , those are next on the list , and like you i got a 03/06

so yay i get to wire a harness into 33,000 dolla car , lol

atleast im good at electrical stuff , shame you arent in az , or id help ya

they look good outta the car

Thanks for the install help offer s/c'd cav,

Hopefully today it will all be installed, possibly tommorow if they are slammed.

hope hope hope :)

Macro
 

·
Shooting Wide Open
Joined
·
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Letchworth40 said:
those look awesome. Just because of those pics i'm ordering tomorrow.
Man! I think JHP owes me a free coupe 4 body kit for that sales job! LOL! ;)

Seriously, I really do think that good clear photos of the items that we get for our cars is a great way for everyone to decide themselves if they like them or not before ordering. Considering that most appearance mods for our cars are not cheap, it makes it safer to know what you are going to get before ordering it.

Of course a user review posted after install is very useful as well. I will make sure to do both, and get a bunch of pics (both at night and in the day) and post them on this thread.

We might consider making a sticky for appearance mods with just photos......just a thought.

Macro
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top