LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I went to one of our local performance shops in las vegas for my heads and cams install and also a torque converter. Here's what they quoted me.

head and camshaft installation----16.5hrs @ $90 ---- Total $1485
Installation of Torque converter---3.5hrs @ $90 ----- Total $315
Stage 3 Dyno tune Total $375
Dynotime Total $150

Grand Total $2325
Does this seem right or is it a bit to priced up.

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
luisvelasco02 said:
Hi guys I went to one of our local performance shops in las vegas to my heads and cams install and also a torque converter. Here's what they quoted it me.

head and camshaft installation----16.5hrs @ $90 ---- Total $1485
Installation of Torque converter---3.5hrs @ $90 ----- Total $315
Stage 3 Dyno tune Total $375
Dynotime Total $150

Grand Total $2325
Does this seem right or is it a bit to priced up.
doesnt sound too bad...16 hours seems a little long though just for a h/c swap

·
Registered
995 Posts
Holy [email protected]! Thats a lot for install, but maybe its just me since I've always done most of the stuff myself until recently. Most shops I thought charged something like $60 an hour range.

·
Former GTO owner
619 Posts
Here the rate is 70.00 - 90.00 per hr. The stealership is 129.00 per hr

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Did you buy the heads, cam, converter from them. If you buy it from them they usually cut the install price significantly. But when you bring them outside stuff to install, they tend to charge full price on installs.

That's my experience around here.

When I bought the heads and cam from the shop and they installed it. They gave me a great deal.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
most places if you are pay'in for the complete install, they will atleast cut you a break on the tune. they are nailing you full price after you $1,800 labor..

if shops are gettin away with 70-90 a hour i need to start my shop up again

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sorry, thats way too high! I paid less than $2k for a 402 to be assembled and installed in the goat and I'm sure there's more hours involved in that.

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BLACK05GTO said:
Did you buy the heads, cam, converter from them. If you buy it from them they usually cut the install price significantly. But when you bring them outside stuff to install, they tend to charge full price on installs.

That's my experience around here.

When I bought the heads and cam from the shop and they installed it. They gave me a great deal.
No I bought everything from our the vendors on the left

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
16.5 hrs is a bit high on the cam/heads but the other stuff seems in line. Are those quotes or actuals? 1st cam swap I did was 10 hrs. Heads would actually take about the same if not less time (as long as they are assembled already.)

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
So if they do it in 10 they will only charge 10? Then its not that bad.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Not too bad for the west coast. Make sure if it doesn’t take 16 hours then you’re not charged 16 hours because if they have experience it will not take that long.

Most shops around me are charging $600 for dyno tunes now and labor is $90 an hour.

·
4 Doors?
1,196 Posts
Call AZPS check on the install price. Or better yet go with one of their custom cams. Not too far away for you.

·
Procharged Beast
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2kformula said:
Call AZPS check on the install price. Or better yet go with one of their custom cams. Not too far away for you.
Problem is that I already have a cam.

·
Its not a real hemi
902 Posts
Boy, I wish we worked on the west coast :)

We charge 1450.00 Labor and 450.00 for the complete dyno tune INCLUDING dyno time.
I wish you were on the west coast too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts