LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2004 GTO and didn't notice it was missing the strut tower brace bar along with a vast number of other parts,got the bar and now it seems not to fit is there something I need to do to spread the Struts out its less than 1/2 inches to tight.

·
GR-RRR!
5,318 Posts
Try lifting it by the lift spot on the front subframe just ahead of the steering rack. This will help the two outside edges droop down a bit.

Having the bar off the car for a while is probably why it won't fit, the car is sagging to the center.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try lifting it by the lift spot on the front subframe just ahead of the steering rack. This will help the two outside edges droop down a bit.

Having the bar off the car for a while is probably why it won't fit, the car is sagging to the center.
I don't think a strutbar is going to be that structurally important..

·
GR-RRR!
5,318 Posts
I don't think a strutbar is going to be that structurally important..
Actually, it is. A lot of folks who have removed the bar have found it difficult later to reinstall it.

·
GR-RRR!
5,318 Posts
Here is a thread I did quite a while back. I wish the photos were still there as I don't seem to have them on my computer anymore.

·
Is that FWD?
1,058 Posts
I upgraded to BMR strut bar back in 2005 or so, I had it color matched to car., it made huge difference over stock bar.
20170311_110442.jpg

·
Registered
676 Posts
Definitely worth the time and money for it. Sucks I gotta do some work to make mine fit again. Dam ps res is in the way now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I upgraded to BMR strut bar back in 2005 or so, I had it color matched to car., it made huge difference over stock bar. View attachment 501046
How was the fitment of that BMR brace? I got one probably more than 2 years ago but never installed it because it didn't really fit well - when I place it over the strut tops it has a little wobble and doesn't sit or hug the top of the towers anywhere near as good as the stock brace.

·
GR-RRR!
5,318 Posts
How was the fitment of that BMR brace? I got one probably more than 2 years ago but never installed it because it didn't really fit well - when I place it over the strut tops it has a little wobble and doesn't sit or hug the top of the towers anywhere near as good as the stock brace.
Just bolt it down, they fit fine.

·
Is that FWD?
1,058 Posts
Mine fits perfect and snug like it should. No wobble and bolted down just like stock one, nice and tight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts