LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics. Install was very simple ant the kit is very high quality.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Do you have any pics of the box before it was installed? Is it open to the front of the car (I assume it is?). Good choice tho, I do like that MPD box. Aluminum = good.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks very nice. It bears a strong resemblance to the MPD box. If you use the CS performance pipe, you will realize an improvement if flow also.

BTW, if you restrict photos to 800 pixel width or less, they won't "stretch" page and require readers to scroll the text horizontally.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
what do ya mean mike? They fit fine on my widescreen laptop! :p

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
can you get a pic from overhead looking down at it without the radiator shroud attached? please.......

thanks looks good

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I bought it at Ebay it cost me $225.00 but I think the guy has it in a Buy it now for $275.00 I have more pictures. I will take more pics and they wil be smaller so that i can actually post them here.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That looks really nice, but if the CAI box is $275 without the intake pipe, then it seems to me you'd be better off buying the LPE for $400 and getting the warranty?

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
One question:

Did you compare the difference in the temperature of this aluminum box and the stock plastic inbox after running the engine?

I just noticed how hot the stock intake box was when I touched it with my hands after the car has been running before I insulated it with fiberglass. Does the aluminum cover soak a lot of heat from the engine bay?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the aluminum box does get really hot, But if you take off the top portion and then you stick your hand inside the box you really tell a diffrence in temp. Its a lot cooler inside the box. It has really thick insulation.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looks sweet.
Is the viewing window removable to allow it to work with some of the ram air style hoods?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This particular version does not let you remove the window. I believe MPD has it with the window open so that you can use it with their ram air hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
strapp said:
Looks sweet.
Is the viewing window removable to allow it to work with some of the ram air style hoods?
The window can be removed to make the standard CAI intake accommodate to the MPD ram air hood. You just need to ask MPD for the top seal.
James

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats cool. He used my pic. That who I bought it from.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It Comes From This Inlet On The Bottom Of The Box.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Will this work with the Speed Inc Intake? Thanks!

Brett

1 - 20 of 22 Posts