LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be running the 1/4 mile at "Pontiacs In The Park" this weekend, so I went ahead and had my Nitto 555R Drag Radials installed. My GOD, what a difference. The car seems to LEAP forward now. I never knew tires could make such a difference. I'll almost be sorry to put the Toyo 275/35/18's on the back when my new wheels get here. But, I want to save the Nittos for the track. They are good for about 15,000 street miles, so having them on the car for a week won't hurt them. I just hope it doesn't rain! ZERO wet traction.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
FLORIT said:
I'll be running the 1/4 mile at "Pontiacs In The Park" this weekend, so I went ahead and had my Nitto 555R Drag Radials installed. My GOD, what a difference. The car seems to LEAP forward now. I never knew tires could make such a difference. I'll almost be sorry to put the Toyo 275/35/18's on the back when my new wheels get here. But, I want to save the Nittos for the track. They are good for about 15,000 street miles, so having them on the car for a week won't hurt them. I just hope it doesn't rain! ZERO wet traction.
Are you driving with them to the track? If not, how are you getting them there?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I'm driving with them now. Will travel from here to Alexandria, VA (400 miles) and from there to the car show and race track. Then back to Alexandria for the night and then drive home Sunday. I expect to put at least 1000 miles on the car this weekend, not including the beating the tires will take at the track. But they SHOULD last much longer than that, according to the Nitto web site.

P.S. They are Nitto 555R tires, which are D.O.T. approved "street legal" tires.

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
I have BFG Drag Radials on both of my classic cars. They are good for about 10000 miles. And as far as wet traction, they are actually pretty good. I got caught in a rainstorm once coming back from the track in the 67. Had no problems with traction at all.

And yes they DO make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts