LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:turbonaug Just installed my GMM today. It is 10x better than stock. I never noticed how crappy the stock shifter was untill now. The bolts under the tranny were a PITA,but its worth it. BTW i got the race version. :gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Good choice. Enjoy.

·
"Power Abuser"
1,080 Posts
mypetgoatAZ said:
:turbonaug Just installed my GMM today. It is 10x better than stock. I never noticed how crappy the stock shifter was untill now. The bolts under the tranny were a PITA,but its worth it. BTW i got the race version. :gears:

I'll have to check that out the next time we all meet up. By then I should have my Harrop installed. I will probably wish I would have gone with the GMM.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I just installed the GMM race version this weekend too. It took me longer than I thought it would. The shifter is so much better, but a little noisy during heavy throttle. I don't know if its my knob that is noisy or if its just vibration from the tranny coming up through the shifter. I used plenty of silicone in my knob before I pressed it back onto the shifter. Thanks to the guys who posted up installation hints and pictures. They really helped. :patriot:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
It's the noise from in the trans. You will get that with the race version. Just depends on how loud it gets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts