LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my throttle body from Jantzer today and installed it. It took about less then 10 minutes to install. I fired the car up and all I heard was what sounded like an air leak. So I double checked all the fittings and bolts and it all seemed fine. So I took the car out for a spin. If I just barley touch the gas, the car moves without any problems at all. No ses lights or hesitation at all. After I drove the car for a few miles, the air leak noise went away.

I think the air leak is the more air the throttle body is sucking in.

Also the car is amazingly fast right now. If I punch the throttle around 30 MPH I can chirp the wheels and the traction control kicks in.

It looks great and i'm know its flowing great.

He also did the bump stop mod.

The only thing I would like to do next is powdercoat the valve covers.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Ok so my questions are, where did it come from, how much was it, what's the size compared to stock (diameter and airflow)?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found him on LS1Tech.com.

I paid $180. This was the email that I got from him.

$130 ported/powdercoated, $35 for polished/clear coated shaft/spring setup. We changed to the polished with clear powdercoat because it has a more uniform color and turn around time is much better.

It's $15 priority s/h. Total will be $180 shipped.

As for size and flow, I have no idea. Your best bet is to talk to him about it. Over on LS1Tech.com he gets high praises from everyone. Just do a search on him.

·
KBAS
221 Posts
Jantzer is the name of the guy, or the name of the company?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
speed -

How long did it take to get your part? And did you have to send in the original TB?

I've been reading some threads that came up with the search and it seems that while the quality is top notch it takes FOREVER to get products from this individual.

Oh and apparently is a 75MM TB...Isn't ours a 75MM stock? I wonder why it'd be such a huge difference for you speed.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
How much? I would take one in red. Even if there was no real performance gain, it would just visually make the engine look sweet.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
I baught the same thing for my camaro awhile ago and now have it on this car, only in the high polished finish and the whole thing is awsome!!

If I remember right they are actually 78MM :)

-Brian

·
596whp/553wtq @ 6.5psi
2,301 Posts
I would spring for the MTI over that...no offense of course

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
IBMgoat said:
I baught the same thing for my camaro awhile ago and now have it on this car, only in the high polished finish and the whole thing is awsome!!

If I remember right they are actually 78MM :)

-Brian
I got my 75MM measurement from Jantzer's own spec sheet on LS1Tech.com from when the sale he has been recovering from started (think it was June 04 timeframe)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
IBMgoat said:
Hmm, I never knew that...I always thaught they were 78mm like most of the other ones :)
Here's his text:

Scott Jantzer on LS1Tech said:
The following modifications are done to the TB:
*Ported to 75mm and Polished Inside
*Inlet is shaped to reduce turbulence
*TB base is Powdercoated any color
*Front of Throttle Shaft is cut off for improved flow
*Throttle Shaft is Powdercoated Black
*Return Spring is polished
*Throttle blade screws are shortened
*Blade is polished
*Hole is Epoxied in and contoured for best flow
*Copper tubing is used for accuracy for the IAC & PCV Holes
*Throttle Stop is ground to fully open the blade (Bump Stop Mod)
*Rear of TB is surfaced for a clean fit/finish to the Manifold
From here.

I sent him a message this morning after I saw this thread and he got back to me saying that if I were to order "soon" he'd have one ready to go by early next week (assuming I did the core charge route).

Scott Jantzer on LS1Tech said:
The TB is $130 ported/powdercoated. It's $15 priority s/h. If you want to eliminate any downtime, then I do have cores that I can supply to make the exchange easier. There is a $125 refundable core charge up front, which I refund upon receiving your core back.

So your total up front will be $270, $125 of which will be refunded.

I accept payment via paypal to [email protected] or money order. I can have one done early next week if you order soon.

thx,
Scott

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Our stock TB is 75mm

The TB opening on the intake plenum is 78mm.

So a 78mm one would be optimum.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
I am still confused. He is going to modify the 75 mm TB and port it 75 mm?

What's the difference? I really want to order this mod especially if he can powdercoat the base any color (mine would be red).....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought a throttle body off of Ebay for cheap and sent it to him. It took about a month to get. I could of got one sooner with a core exchange but I wanted to use the T/B I bought.

·
Gentlemen, behold!
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chrisbequick said:
It looks like you paid for the polished shaft/spring setup like he has here:http://community.webshots.com/photo/39963271/97411243cpBdjT, but you recieved the black shaft. Or am I misunderstanding?

Nice looking TB either way!

-Chris

Its powdercoated black with a clear polish. I want to say thats the way hes going to be doing it now, have to talk to him about it. I thought I had an email from him explaining this. Even still I like the way it has some contrast to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts