LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a pleasure talking to you all about my experiences with my GTO. This car is going to kill me.


All I have to say is OMFG.

I installed it like the directions said and took the car for a drive. It just started to drizzle out by me and the roads were just starting to get wet. My car is like a new machine. The traction control was kicking in when I barely pushed the gas pedal. When the car would shift gears it would jump and it feels like it has a ton of power now.

I need to wait until the roads are dry before I take it out and really step on it.


I would totally recommend it.


:thumbs: :thumbs:
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Its been a pleasure talking to you all about my experiences with my GTO. This car is going to kill me.


All I have to say is OMFG.

I installed it like the directions said and took the car for a drive. It just started to drizzle out by me and the roads were just starting to get wet. My car is like a new machine. The traction control was kicking in when I barely pushed the gas pedal. When the car would shift gears it would jump and it feels like it has a ton of power now.

I need to wait until the roads are dry before I take it out and really step on it.


I would totally recommend it.


:thumbs: :thumbs:
Really that much of a difference? WOW......please let us know how it is when you get to really try it on a dry road.
:D
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
Anyone have experiance installing this on a M6? Is there much of a diferance? Any proven dyno results? And to top this list of questions, can you install onto multiple vehicles? IE: if a bunch of the chicago area GTO owners got togeather and bought one could we all do our cars?
 

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Its been a pleasure talking to you all about my experiences with my GTO. This car is going to kill me.


All I have to say is OMFG.

I installed it like the directions said and took the car for a drive. It just started to drizzle out by me and the roads were just starting to get wet. My car is like a new machine. The traction control was kicking in when I barely pushed the gas pedal. When the car would shift gears it would jump and it feels like it has a ton of power now.

I need to wait until the roads are dry before I take it out and really step on it.


I would totally recommend it.


:thumbs: :thumbs:
Speed_demon_freak, I plan on getting one in June. Installation sounds like it is pretty simple according to the directions, correct? I can not wait to see what it does to improve performance. Let me know your thoughts once you have had a chance to really check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something I noticed about the car, is the fans are running whenever I stop. Weather its for a stop light or just pulling into the garage, the fans are running.


Time for a different thermostat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ColoradoGoat said:
Speed_demon_freak, I plan on getting one in June. Installation sounds like it is pretty simple according to the directions, correct? I can not wait to see what it does to improve performance. Let me know your thoughts once you have had a chance to really check it out.

It took about 10 minutes to read the manual and install the software. Make sure the headlights are off when you do it. (just some advice).

Whats nice about the tuner is you can get real time data as you drive.

I bought mine from Tbyrne for $377.99 out the door with next day shipping included. I think the sale ends on May 31st.
 

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
Joined
·
2,345 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
It took about 10 minutes to read the manual and install the software. Make sure the headlights are off when you do it. (just some advice).

Whats nice about the tuner is you can get real time data as you drive.

I bought mine from Tbyrne for $377.99 out the door with next day shipping included. I think the sale ends on May 31st.
Thanks for the info.
 

·
Retired LEO meow
Joined
·
14,535 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
Its been a pleasure talking to you all about my experiences with my GTO. This car is going to kill me.


All I have to say is OMFG.

I installed it like the directions said and took the car for a drive. It just started to drizzle out by me and the roads were just starting to get wet. My car is like a new machine. The traction control was kicking in when I barely pushed the gas pedal. When the car would shift gears it would jump and it feels like it has a ton of power now.

I need to wait until the roads are dry before I take it out and really step on it.


I would totally recommend it.


:thumbs: :thumbs:
Great feedback. You just confirmed for me wanting to purchase this unit.
 

·
Knight Errant
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Got mine from Tom...

TprGTO said:
Great feedback. You just confirmed for me wanting to purchase this unit.
I am speechless....what a difference....you have no idea... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
So when you install this the "base" software it makes that much of a difference or you are tuning it or ? Just not sure. I run something similar on my bike so I am just trying to guage it. Are there "maps" then available based on mods you do such as intake, exhaust, etc?

Darn, I am going to have to get one of these. to the A4 guys, did you adjust your TM? did you also have an after market torque converter?

Thanks.
 

·
Knight Errant
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Predator

Bone stock except for the T.Byrne/Speed Induction kit. Backed up the stock tune, installed the performance tune. Difference is night & day. More later. I did not get much time before dark to play with it, but it is one entirely different car. YEEHA!
 

·
Knight Errant
Joined
·
1,800 Posts
Bunch of Cars?

sxty8goats said:
Anyone have experiance installing this on a M6? Is there much of a diferance? Any proven dyno results? And to top this list of questions, can you install onto multiple vehicles? IE: if a bunch of the chicago area GTO owners got togeather and bought one could we all do our cars?
No, it locks to the vehicle you install the tune too. If you remove the tune and restore stock tune to that car, it will unlock and be available for use on another.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
Old Goat said:
I am speechless....what a difference....you have no idea... :eek:

Old Goat your seeing that much of a difference? This whole thread just made it a solid choice for me, I ordered it. :D
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
A lot of the reason that it feels so much different in an A4 is because they play with how quickly and firmly the tranny shifts. I look at all this as an equation. GM puts the numbers on the side of reliability. You can set these for performance, but you are going to sacrifice reliability. I personally would change these on an auto a little more aggressive, but don't go crazy; its not worth it in the long run.

With the HP Tuners software you can pick something in the middle, I've never seen the preditor so I can't speak for it.
 

·
Retired LEO meow
Joined
·
14,535 Posts
Is adjusting the tranny shifts going to wear the tranny faster? Any feedback would be helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,691 Posts
This may be a stupid question but I didn't see an answer to the question about using this on a m6. Can it and is the performance gain just as good??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
I agree 100% with what you guys are seeing/feeling, especially in our A4s.
If you want to feel something really scarey, bump up the shift firmness about 5% for one quick trip. I drove mine around the block just to see if there was a difference between the stock performance tune and doing some mods to it.
T/C was alive and well, only at about 1/4 throttle! It feels about perfect at
their performance setting. Highly recommended.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To bad you cant record the real time data before the tune and then record it after the tune to see what has changed.

I just wish I was able to drive it more. Its been raining here and the car might be tough to drive in the rain.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
To bad you cant record the real time data before the tune and then record it after the tune to see what has changed.

I just wish I was able to drive it more. Its been raining here and the car might be tough to drive in the rain.
Get HP Tuners or AutoTap or one of the million other Windows based software and you can record data before and I after. I've done it with almost all of my mods. When I started I had no idea how to use any of the software. I'm just kind of figuring out things as I go. The logging data part is very easy though.

As for the making the shifting quicker and firmer, think about it something has to give, you don't get performance for nothing. Now maybe there are parts that would normally wear out after 100k miles and now they are only going to last 90k miles, but something has to give. GM doesn't pick safe numbers for no reason they want the car to feel good. They pick numbers for reliability.

I'm not saying don't changing things up. I'm just saying be safe, don't go crazy. You don't get something for nothing. It is an equation where you increase the speed and firmness and you drop the life of parts. You can increase them a little and not drop the life much then it's all good.

Maybe someone with a lot of experience in this can help out.
 
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Top