LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Installed the exhaust myself in my garage with jack stands and let me tell you it was a PITA. I got everything hooked up and took the car for a test drive and I had a clicking sound. So I take the car home and jack it back up and I cant find anything. I thought it was the exhaust tips bouncing together, so I removed them. Took the car back for a another test drive same thing.

Well it turns out it was my driveshaft was hitting one of the exhaust pipes. The rubber balancer and bolts were rubbing against the pipe. So I remove the system from the mufflers back and readjusted everything. There was maybe if I'm luck about a 1/2" space from the driveshaft to the exhaust pipe.

Well I get it all back together and drove it and no noise. So I went for a 10 minute drive. I cant believe the difference that an exhaust makes.

When you start the car up, people will know you have an exhaust system. When you floor it from a stand still you will leave tire marks. If you just drive it normal, it will wake people up. Its loud. It sounds good but it might be to loud for some. I'm very happy with it and I would recommend that everyone gets some type of exhaust. You will love the difference.

I know I do.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
COOL MAN!

I allready orderd that with the SLP heads/cam package, it will be shipped on the 24th. man i cant wait to hear that and now you just make :eek2: .

man please! sound clips , movies anything please! i cant wait tell the 24th i wanna hear it NOW! :cry:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I can vouch, after our Cleveland GTO get together that the SLP loudmouth sounds nice. Well worth it. :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will try and make a video on Monday. I just checked under the car and the tubing is hitting the drive shaft again. I think I might have to bring the car into a local exhaust shop and see if they can do something about it.

I just checked it out and its not hitting the pipe. It just looks really close. I'm going to take the wait and see attitude.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
If you just drive it normal, it will wake people up. .
That's what I like about the stock exhaust. It can be quiet when you need it, but have that awesome rumble when you want it. Thanks
for the honest review of this exhaust. I'm glad you like it. It for sure is not
something for me. Congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 107MB video and I'm trying to edit it but it wont work. I left the radio on and thats all you can really hear. I will try on monday and see what happens.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
sounds good so far

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
That's what I like about the stock exhaust. It can be quiet when you need it, but have that awesome rumble when you want it. Thanks
for the honest review of this exhaust. I'm glad you like it. It for sure is not
something for me. Congrats! :)

You should spend some money and get a larger exhaust. The factory exhaust is terrible.

Today when I was driving my car with the new exhaust, for the first time I was able to smoke the wheels from a stand still.

What I think is nice about the SLP system is the fact that I can change out the mufflers anytime I want. I'm sure a local place and easily put a couple bends and cuts into a system and have a nice and quiet car.

Heres a 15.5 MB video that I have to admit isnt that good. I have the radio to loud and you really cant hear whats going on. Towards the middle when I turn left for the 2nd time you can hear me hit the gas and when the car shifts you can hear the "belt squeal noise."

right click-save target as....

15.5MB
http://home.comcast.net/~richie101/3.wmv

Turn the volume up.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
speed_demon_freak said:
You should spend some money and get a larger exhaust. The factory exhaust is terrible.

Today when I was driving my car with the new exhaust, for the first time I was able to smoke the wheels from a stand still.
The factory exhaust I know is not the best for performance, but the sound
is no doubt awesome. Your video was not that bad. It did sound like something was loose. I guess this was the noise in the video. Your car is not
as loud as I was expecting from your first post. It sounded pretty darn good.
Was your window open? All in all it sounds very good. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It did sound like something was loose. I guess this was the noise in the video. Your car is not
as loud as I was expecting from your first post. It sounded pretty darn good.
Was your window open? All in all it sounds very good. Congrats!

Thanks.

Yes the window was open. To bad you cant hear it in person.

I'll see what I can do on monday or tuesday for a better video.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
speed -

You weren't able to smoke the wheels from a stop before? I shudder to think what this exhaust would do to my car being that I can smoke the wheels, tc on or off, no problem whatsoever from a stop. I'm an auto too so that's curious. Stock too. And by stock I mean stock. 4500mi.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
allthough the radio was kinda loud. but at the end its loud mouth too hehe
it sounds just perfect! :hail: i cant wait tell mine get shipped.

i'll be more than happy for more videos. and dont forget to turn the radio off this time :p .

if you can , i would like to hear idel and smooth reving . i'm sure it will sound perfect too!

enjoy it :cool:

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts