LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I put the Predator tune on the car and as I have read from many others here it is running real rich. So rich to the point I can get the faint smell of fuel. I also feel a loss in torque (SOTP test) compared to stock. The only mod I have installed as of now is a Lingenfelter CAI. I am hoping to see a difference and get my torque back with the lower 91 tune and a cat back. Eventually I am going to have a Formato tune and ported and polished throttle body and intake manifold, its just a matter of catching him when he is around. The plus is that I can now light my tires up (FINALLY) and the up shift from 1st to 2nd is pretty damn bad ass. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Hey Rock, I wouldn't go WOT too many times. If you're running as rich as you think it is, your KR is going to be way out of whack. It could be up to critical readings. Just a little suggestion, take any way you want........

ROK

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ROKS ROCKET said:
Hey Rock, I wouldn't go WOT too many times. If you're running as rich as you think it is, your KR is going to be way out of whack. It could be up to critical readings. Just a little suggestion, take any way you want........

ROK.
Thanks Rok I appreciate it. Im going to just run a 91 octane tune and see what happens from there. Hopefully it wont be that rich on a lower tune, do you happen to know if that will resolve the issue?.

holmesstar said:
Rock, Jeremy will be here in Jax at 10:30 on Oct 12 (Thursday). Short notice, but maybe you can get squeezed in. The deal on the dyno is pretty good. More details at:
http://www.jaxstreetscene.com/forums...showtopic=8748.
Damn that is real short notice, dont think I will make that one. Damn

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adjusted the settings

Okay I went ahead last night and loaded the 91 octane settings to hopefully solve my rich issue. Took the car out and my torque is back by my SOTP meter and the smell of gas is no longer there. So from this I think I can safely assume (if their is such a thing) that the 91 oct setting runs leaner then the 93 oct setting. Granted I still would like to do some logging on all the tunes in the handheld and maybe see what the difference is between one to the next then toss a little FAQ up for everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts