LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, they finally came in on Monday and they were on by Tuesday night. I got RT cats with mine for warranty reasons.

The install was pretty staightforward like others had said. For the ones wondering about the sound with stock muffs. It isn't much louder at all. But it is deeper, more muscular sounding. The burble that you get when decelerating is more pronounced and a little louder. Overall I am very happy with the seat-of-the-pants feel and will be headed to the dyno in the next week or two to get some real #'s.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTOdriver7 said:
cool,
i like ur FRCs btw
Thanks. They really wake up the engine bay and were very cheap and easy to do.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Dude, I have the LT w/out the cats and it freeking ROARS. If yours is not much louder than stock, the cats are pulling a lot of sound out. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers, I just might add a set of Cats to mine if you are close to my #'s

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sxty8goats said:
Dude, I have the LT w/out the cats and it freeking ROARS. If yours is not much louder than stock, the cats are pulling a lot of sound out. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers, I just might add a set of Cats to mine if you are close to my #'s
If my HP Tuners comes in this week I will go Saturday. If not, then next week.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
At idle are you saying it's not much louder than stock or when you're on it.

I agree it's still a little tame at idle (which I want for stealthiness), but at full battle cry it's damn loud and has a shrill crackle to it.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
So when does your CS Performance tube go in? :cool:

Padre

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CMNTMXR57 said:
At idle are you saying it's not much louder than stock or when you're on it.

I agree it's still a little tame at idle (which I want for stealthiness), but at full battle cry it's damn loud and has a shrill crackle to it.
I mean from inside the car that it isn't much louder. From the outside it sounds great. I've had a couple of days to ride in it and I couldn't be happier with the sound. I didn't want anykind of interior drone. If it's loud outside,great.

CMNT, do you have cats? If not then that's why your's are roaring.

Padre said:
So when does your CS Performance tube go in?

Padre
Sorry Padre, I just got it put on or I would have let you know. It looks good. I had to get some high temp silicone to put the IAT in. It has to flow better than the accordian that was in there!

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, Just made an app. with Terry @ Racetech for a dyno tune w/HP Tuners for Saturday. Well see how much I gain over my stock numbers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
JayStew said:
Well, they finally came in on Monday and they were on by Tuesday night. I got RT cats with mine for warranty reasons.

The install was pretty staightforward like others had said. For the ones wondering about the sound with stock muffs. It isn't much louder at all. But it is deeper, more muscular sounding. The burble that you get when decelerating is more pronounced and a little louder. Overall I am very happy with the seat-of-the-pants feel and will be headed to the dyno in the next week or two to get some real #'s.

How long did it take to install the LTs? I have put headers on cars in the past (grandprix, 68camaro, old toyota 4 banger) but none required dropping the steering rack.

Any special tools?

Thanks

My SWLTs are on order.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bclarke said:
How long did it take to install the LTs? I have put headers on cars in the past (grandprix, 68camaro, old toyota 4 banger) but none required dropping the steering rack.

Any special tools?

Thanks

My SWLTs are on order.
You MUST drop the rack. The steering shaft goes in-between the tubes. My buddy who helped, has a lift and has put on many sets of headers. Took us (mostly him) about 3 hours.

The worst part was trying to re-connect the power steering lines. Pretty tight squeeze. Stubby wrenches are very helpful for this.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No cats but I have MagnaFlow mufflers in place of the stockers.

Yea, inside our cars it's pretty quiet, but that's in part to all the insulation and solidity of this car.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I it like guys. I am installing mine when they arrive in 3 weeks. I ordered the ones with cats as well. I'm ok w/ the noise I would just like to cut down on the raspiness.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
It's ok dude, everyone is welcome here.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Talk about a coming out party, in a "header" thread nonetheless. :D

·