LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW long tubes and Corsa Sport catack (no cats) all I have to say is...HOLY CRIKEY!

Noticeable power increase and an incredible sound! Need some tuning now to get rid of the popping between shifts and on deceleration.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Join the club. I love the sound of my Kooks LT's, and offroad pipes coupled to my 05' split duel Corsa sport. Runs like hell. You will need a tune. Mine runs like crap now. That is, after the ses light come on. Glad you like it.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Thank God!!!

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
Do you have any anoying vibrations with your SW? I cant seem to get rid of a vibration that happens every once in a while. I think the torque of the engine makes the primaries touch the steering knuckle.

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No vibration issues. Only issue now is the spring steel retainer on the steering knuckle bolt is rubbing on one of the primaries when I turn hard in either direction. What clamps did you use on your system? If it is those cheap ass clamp-co clamps, do yourself a favor and get rid of those ASAP, they are crap. 5 out of 7 on my system broke.

·
Ka-Boom!
1,987 Posts
No problems with the clamps at all, no leaks either. That was the noise I was refering to, it only does it on hard turns. I got rid of that spring clip because I basically destroyed it taking it off.

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might have to tap the primary it is happening on with something. Maybe use a piece of 2x4 and a hammer and just tap it a bit to clearance it. I would check with others forst to see if anyoneelse had this issue. I figure if we doth did, then others must have had it too.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
jumpmanmb87 said:
When you guys are saying get a tune are you bringin your cars to a shop or do u have like a diablo that your using

Getting a tune usually means strapping it to a Dyno.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Updated my sig with my Corsa sound clips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts