LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, I got a Harrop rear diff cover... it fell in my lap really and I couldn't say no, but I want to install it and I got the rubber bushings for it too....

but is it straight forward to install?

can I do this with the car on the floor?

any tips or suguestions?

Its just the cover, nothing more and any help would be great!

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Their are two holes in the cover for Dowl pins, I found the cover very tight on these pins. Took a drill bit 11/32? just cleaned the hole out .005" cover jumped in place aligned 100%.

With the bracket don't snug it down till the diff is installed to it, leave it loose let it hang and raise the diff into it. Move the bracket around to line it up nicely.

HRJ did a write up on harrop cover install for knowledge base.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
As the title states, I got a Harrop rear diff cover... it fell in my lap really and I couldn't say no, but I want to install it and I got the rubber bushings for it too....

but is it straight forward to install?

can I do this with the car on the floor?

any tips or suguestions?

Its just the cover, nothing more and any help would be great!
http://kb.ls1gto.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10014&cNode=5U4I3A

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
Purchase a pry bar....unless they finally made it fit better. Oh, and get some large fender washers to go between the bushings and the bracket because otherwise your bushing will be cut up within a few hundred miles.

It looks like real quality, and works pretty good once you get it installed, but it has a few minor design errors that really make it just a star and not a shining star.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
There is an updated bracket that they install on the new ones that are being shipped (in the last 6 months)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts