LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What autocross class are you planning to run in?
I haven't looked at what class all the mods I plan on doing will put me in but street modified is what I am shooting for. Big goals haha. My ideas for mods and my build continues to grow. We shall see, I know I don't want to be outclassed but it's not a huge deal to me, I just want to have fun but at the same time I also want to be semi competitive with the other people of the class.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SM would be tough class for GTO for sure. CAM C or STU is where GTO would fit much better IMO.

For STU, you have to pay attention to the rules.
Tires are 200 tread wear min. and 265 max. width at 2800 lbs min. weight.

For CAM C, its pretty much only weight, 3300 lbs min. without driver.
Tires are 200 tread wear min. and any size is allowed. Wide body fenders are needed for fitting 305/30/19 re71r tires to be truly competitive in this class but 285/30/18 is ok and can be made to fit with rolled fenders and lots of messing around with camber and wheel offsets.
Considering that you are willing to strip the car way bellow 3300 lbs weight, it would allow you to weight balance the car front to back and side to side by placing weight in strategic places (low and to the rear right corner). That is a big deal.

Stock diff is throw away item to start with. Tuning the car around stock diff is total waste of time.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts