LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my SLP skip shift eliminator.
The question I have is, where is the wiring harness for the skip shift solenoid located on the M6 tranny?
I figure there's a harness for the reverse lights, and maybe 1 more computerized gizmo, maybe some emissions related thing or the speedometer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't even think about the reverse lockout thing.
Funny thing is, I don't remember ever seeing the dashboard light for the "1-4" working, and the skip shift definately works.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
The indicator will only flash briefly, and if you're looking ahead and concentrating on where you're going you may not see it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i'm not sure why people install this part. in the one year I have had the gto the skip shift has probably activated about 9 or 10 times. maybe something is different in my car? it only activated when putting around in traffic

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ Exactly right! I have 12 - 18 stoplights between home & work, depending on the route I take. Sometimes I can go pretty quick, sometimes not.
As far as my skip shi(f)t option, I don't believe mine is working 100% correctly or consistently, but the dealers can never "duplicate" an actual problem. And as much as I hate spending money fixing something that should be covered under warrenty, I think this SS option is just plain stupid, so it's really a small price to pay to be able to drive the car the way it's supposed to be driven.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
Jontall said:
You have to install a skip-shift eliminator if you live in the city.
+1 i drive her when its nice out so theres alot of traffic,skip shift ftl got my kit for $15 off ebay worked great :)

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
ArPharazon said:
^^^ Exactly right! I have 12 - 18 stoplights between home & work, depending on the route I take. Sometimes I can go pretty quick, sometimes not.
As far as my skip shi(f)t option, I don't believe mine is working 100% correctly or consistently, but the dealers can never "duplicate" an actual problem. And as much as I hate spending money fixing something that should be covered under warrenty, I think this SS option is just plain stupid, so it's really a small price to pay to be able to drive the car the way it's supposed to be driven.
Your car most likely doesn't have a problem. There are several factors that the computer takes into account in order for the skip shift to flash. I've seen mine over a dozen times, but after the first time, I decided I needed the eliminator.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've had my car barely 3 weeks, the skip shift has probably only happened 5 times, but that was 5 times too many. Usually slow stop and go on the way to work. My eliminator came in the mail yesterday and you can bet tonight when I get home it's going on. I bought an M6 because I like deciding which gear to use when.

·
Registered
349 Posts
snowairg said:
My 20 cent resistor I installed two days ago works beautifully! :-D
I thought about going that route, but was a little worried about not having the weather proof connectors here in NY. For $20 the harness has weather proof connectors for both the transmission plug and wire end.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
^
Agreed. I could have easily done it myself for $0 with supplies on hand, but chose instead to buy one of the premade ones to have the proper sealed connectors.

·
Shooting Wide Open
1,525 Posts
hey all,

will this trip the computer at all and make the dealer try and hold this against you when you bring it in for service? IE is it stealth and not discoverable from the dealers computer?

Macro

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
hey all,

will this trip the computer at all and make the dealer try and hold this against you when you bring it in for service? IE is it stealth and not discoverable from the dealers computer?

Macro
If done properly the ECU won't know the difference. The only way the dealer would figure it out is either by seeing it under there or by driving the car and noticing that the skip shift no longer works.
As for whether they would hold it against you that depends on the individual dealer. Some don't care, some do.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i'm not sure why people install this part. in the one year I have had the gto the skip shift has probably activated about 9 or 10 times. maybe something is different in my car? it only activated when putting around in traffic
Cause it's a major pain in the ass, that's why :)

I will hopefully be tuning it out with the Predator shortly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts