LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Got Goat?
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say hello to everyone since I am new to the forum. I picked up my new Goat yesterday (silver M6 w/ black interior) and on the way home I had a few interesting things happen. I bought it at a dealer about an hour and a half away so I had some time to try out some things on the way back.

The first thing is I could enable cruise control but I could not set it. It would not engage and I thought I just probably didn't know what I was doing.

The second thing that went wrong was when I got off the freeway my instrument lights and tail lights went out. I still had headlights and brake lights because I had someone following me that called my cell to let me know I lost my tail lights.

Has this kind of thing happened to anyone else? It is at a local dealers today for them to take a look at. I looked last night and couldn't find any blown fuses. A short somewhere maybe?

I still have a perpetual grin that just won't go away despite these things happening.

Thanks for any input
-Aaron

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the Goat.

WRT the cruise control, you push the button at the end of the stalk to enable cruise, then you twist the end of the stalk downward to set the cruise (at this point the car will hold speed), then you can twist up or down to increase or decrease as necessary. Pressing the button at the end of the stalk again or hitting the brake cancels holding of speed but cruise will still be enabled, and you can twist the end of the stalk upwards to reenable holding speed at the speed it was before you canceled the cruise.

As far as the lights go, I haven't heard of anything like this. Was it completely dark when that happened? Assuming you had the lights in the "auto" position on the dial, it could be that something shined on the sensor bright enough to turn the lights off.

Let us know what happens.

·
Got Goat?
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I could push the button for cruise control and it would enable fine. When I twisted back to set nothing would happen...

I had the lights set to auto and they came on just at dusk fine. It was about 8:00 at night and there were no bright lights anywhere around when I lost the tail lights and instrument panel lights. After I got home I could not get the tail lights or instrument panel lights to come on no matter what setting I had it in. I'll keep you posted when I find out from the dealer what it is.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
try putting your lights into the "ON" mode. If they work, your ambient light sensor is probably bad.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The light issue happened to me. For about the first two weeks after I picked up my car. Kept blowing the fuse at random when I had the headlights on. This was the first part of May, happened for about 2 weeks. Hasn't happened since. By the way, it is blowing a fuse.

·
Got Goat?
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting it back today. The service department told me there was a pinched wire behind the kick-plate that was shorting out. Good to know for anyone having the same type issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts