Discussion Starter #1
I just got my quote

Exotic Car Policy

$34,000 --- STATED VALUE
7,500 mile limit per year
5% Deductible ($1,700)

$261 every 6 months

American National Insurance

If some of you knew how young I was some of you would be pretty pissed at this rate. I have a perfect record. Its what I deserve for growing up paying my own insurance as a teen with 2 cars 1 being a grand national..... that was a rip off.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm probably one of the few that knows your age DY. Then again not everyone reads the police blotter in Chicago like me. Good luck at your trial BTW. How were you supposed to know she was 15. Good luck buddy!

:slap:

Bitch slapped myself again.

·
Registered
835 Posts
you must not be taking out a loan for the car, I can't get a loan if I don't carry a $500 deductable or less.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Actually that deductible idea might be worth looking into. However there is no way I can keep the miles under 7500. I put that on just going back and forth to work.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cjlannoy said:
you must not be taking out a loan for the car, I can't get a loan if I don't carry a $500 deductable or less.
My insurance guy knows I'm not dropping $34,000 cash.... I thought the only requirement was full coverage. My friend has a bad record and has a $1000 deductible on a car he has a loan on.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Y'all just hata's cause we know how to play tha game. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Called my insurance agent today. Said 6 months would run approx. $640. Asked about storage insurance and that will only be $96 for 6 months. Much less painful than I expected, but I'll wait to see what the actual numbers are.

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Just turned 24 and according to Farm Bureau insurance in Iowa (who I've always gone with) the GTO is gonna be 1700 bucks a year for me!!!!!

Consdering I have a clean record, etc, etc - that's ridiculous. Was told that the GTO has a high "repair" number (1-20) the GTO is 19 based on how expensive it is to repair.

Anyone else heard this crap?

Can you guys recommend another insurance provider that won't be over 1000 bucks a year for a 24 year old?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My 24 year old stepson drives a '97 Malibu and his insurance is $1800 a year for liability only. He has one ticket. To him $1700 a year for full coverage sounds great.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
My insurance for the year is a little over $1100.00 after my safe driver credits and multi-vehicle discounts and that is with $500.00 deductible. The policy is with Arbella Mutual Ins Co. That didn't seem bad at all to me considering the rates here in Mass are high to start with. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Edge, at State Farm I'm at $620 every 6 mo w/a $500 deductible, with one minor speeding ticket last year on my otherwise clean recent record. Also combining it with a renter's insurance policy actually dropped it from $650 w/o renters to $620 w/renters. Other places like Progressive were actually cheaper but not by much and this way I can deal with humans. You might try them. PM me if you want and I'll give you the agents name.

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
Mine's thru USAA and I pay 1312. every 6 months w/500 deductible and that's with 4 automobiles.

·
3,327 Posts
I pay monthly via State Farm. As a 29 year old male with one accident in the last 4 years, price with a 500 deductable is 129 per month. When I turn 30 next week, it drops to 101. Needless to say, the car is sitting on the showroom floor until that big 30 hits.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Webpez and I are both in our late 20's married clean records. The GTO is 390 for 6 months with a 100 comp 250 coll deductible. With a car loan (depending on the bank) you can carry up to a 1000 coll deductible. I was an insurance agent and I have done that for people many times. If you are a young driver try Nationwide in Va their rates are not bad for young drivers even with a few tickets. State Farm is also good but they are cutting back on who they will take. Have heard good and bad about GEICO, ERIE and USAA are also pretty good but they also are picky as to who they will take.

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
25 years old, clean driving record (for the moment), AAA insurance and only $549 every six months, deductible 250/250. Not too bad but I wish it was less.

·
Registered
104 Posts
$244 per 6 months, clean driving record, and this is my 4th car. I picked a $1000 deductible, and if you have any assets (house, 401K etc) you may want to get a umbrella that goes over the liability portion of your policy. I got a $1 million umbrella for the additional cost of $156 per year. American Family Insurance.

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
I'm with State Farm and called to get a quote. It'll be a lil over 1100 til i turn 25 next year, then it'll drop to 680. I've also totalled 2 cars. :rolleyes:
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
$1700 a year for a 24 year old with a GTO is an excellent price. You got a good deal edge929. My friends pay more than that for their slow normal cars. Insurance companies charge much higher prices until you turn 25.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts